How to do well in PVP?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Kyler, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I have been playing for quite a while, I'm at the moment level 55 and I'm just wondering why we lose quite a lot in PVP? We do win some games but it's mostly lose. I want tips.

2. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the PvP you do in arena or in WvW?

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

There's a difference between the arena and WvW. The servers are rated and generally those that are best matched up tend to duke it out based on the rankings. If it's WvW then the best way to 'win' or do better is to run with a small party and take over camps and points that the main zerg ignores. People tend to run with the crowd most of the time since it gives them easy leveling and stuff, but to win the maps overall, attacking dolyaks and starving the other side of resources, ect is a good way to go.

4. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you want to do better at sPVP like the arenas, the trick is to play tactically. It's not the player who kills the most wins the game. More like the players who utilise the battle mechanics (like killing the bosses in the forest of Niflhel, or capturing the cannon at Skyhammer) that wins the game for their team. And also, try to roam in groups of two or more. I play as a necromancer or a ranger, and whenever I get focused, I die. On the other hand, partner me with anyone that can prevent me from getting ganked, and I'll wipe your team with condition damage +9000