How much money did you put in the game?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by rightct, Jul 31, 2015.

1. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

I'm really curious about this one. How much money did you actually spend in the game? If you don't know how to get that information, I'll tell you: Just contact Riot Support, they'll tell you. When they told me how much I spent, I was actually kind of shocked: 525 dollars. I'm not upset though. I partly did it also because I like LoL so much that I thought I was also entitled to giving them some money as a token of appreciation.

So, yeah, how much did you spend?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only spent 30$ and I wait for most of the skins to go on sale if I want some. I also have Arcade Hecarim and Riot Graves from promotional codes so I didn't feel the need to spend that much money! :D

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I never put a cent on this game and I guess I won't put any money in the future too becaue I don't really know what I could buy with with real money that I can't buy with in game points.. the server transfer? Summoner's renaming? Useless at the moment.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I spend a few bucks here and there if I really want something in-game.

5. Renkinjutsushi

I'd like to say 0 because I refuse to pay for online games altough LoL maybe deserves to be paid since I played thousands of hours already. I did pay like 3 to 5€ when I started the game because I wanted to play Jinx and had 0 lp, I did not regret my decision, sure I could grind many games to finally play her, but I really wanted to play her at that time.

6. rightct

$30 is healthy enough. $525 isn't XD. I didn't manage to get Riot Graves even when it was available to purchase, but I'd really love to in the future.

7. rightct

Nobody forces you to spend any dime on games which are clearly said are free to play, if you aren't interested into buying the in-game cosmetics at all. Trust me, if I could go back in time, I'd spend a maximum of $50 on this game, nothing more, nothing less. It's just not worth to buy that much.

8. rightct

Yeah, but, how much did you spend? If you are unsure, you could contact Support and they'll happily tell you the required information. :)

9. rightct

You forgot about skins. Those are really giving a premium feeling to the overall play experience. If I don't take a skin for a champ I own, I just don't play that well. :)

10. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I'm around 400ish if not more (with my friends money and RP they've gave me, probably over 600) but 400 is personal.

I have a bunch of skins, bought some runepages, and I bought some champs with RP, saving all IP for runes and things. If I call riot support I bet you anything it's higher than 400 now personal.

11. rightct

The number I originally put was from 2 months ago. I re-checked with them and it seems I've spent a total of $650 now. I think I've got some sort of addiction, but actually don't regret a bit. All the money went through a time span of 2-3 years, so I pretty much doubt I'd have saved this amount for 3 years anyway, haha.

12. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Indeed. And I justified it like this: everyone around me smokes cigs, or drinks alcohol, or smokes pot. I admit to smoking herb a bit but I do not do any of the other tuff, but my money and vice were game skins and things in games on my different MOBAs/MMORPGS. At least I still have something to show for it instead of cigarette butts and dying lungs.

13. bm2908102

bm2908102 New Member

Spent about $150 on just skins.

14. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I forgot to tally in all the RP I've spent on friends too. Easily over 200 in gifts and skins for people I like to play with, because face it - MOBA communities are only as good as the people you choose to hang out with. And if I'm hanging with them, queuing with them for a bunch of games - I want them to look badass too. And unlock skins for a game (for ARAM fun).

15. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

Umm I would have to say about 120-150 dollar range? I usually pick up a 20 dollar card every other month or so, I don't think I'm going to be putting much more in since I have a skin for basically every champ I play now.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Meh, don't be too hard on yourself. Think about how much enjoyment you got out the game, even though skins don't matter that much they boosted some of your user experience. If you don't play anymore you can also sell your account and get some money back! :D

17. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

True enough, Fuz. never though about selling off the account.

But I just like to be able, at any time, to slip in to a skin for a champion of my choosing. It helps set my mindset and helps me get in the zone to own people!

18. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I spent $20 on LoL skins and runes already. I don't buy a skin unless I really love the champion because it costs a lot. I usually wait for a skin sale too. I bought Pantheon with riot points because I didn't have enough IP once. I don't like spending real money on LoL but I don't mind supporting the game once in a while, after all I've been playing it for four years.

19. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

That's how I justify it. They never asked me to pay anything, so if (and when) I decide to buy these things, it's just me supporting the game I enjoy. I see it no different then those 15 bucks a month I'd be charged for WoW or FFXIV or some such. And that's before getting anything good for that 15 bucks. At least I have hundreds of skins like a wardrobe to select to own people. And I feel good doing it. Justified money!

20. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh, wow! You guys put a lot of money in this game. I personally have a different approach. I just spend occassional RP for skins and champions on sales, I never pay the full price. I find it's not that worth at the end of the day. I've just finished contacting support and filled their security checks, and discovered I spent only $50. That's actually quite healthy, if I had to guess.