Quantcast

How much customization do you want?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

The Division will obviously allow you to customize your characters to some degree. How much customization do you want from the game, though? I want some basic customization options, but I don't need anything intricate.

2. andkno

andkno Member

I don't think that they will allow too much customization, it is not the main focus of the game, however, if it were up to me, I would like to be able to customize everything on it lol.

3. I think it would be a good choice to include a deep customization. I mean, if we're going the MMO route then we should be given many options to differentiate us from other players, no? It probably won't happen, but that's my dream. Maybe we'll get gun customization too?

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I love to customize my own character, so I'm hoping that the customization will be deep and rewarding. Nothing in their videos suggested these things, but I still hope so. I like every character to be unique and to look cool, in a videogame.

5. ArdanIsBest

ArdanIsBest New Member

I think that the customizer should be as extensive as Dragon Age: Inquisition. Like not crazy in-depth but enough to make a unique character that doesn't just blend in with the NPCs. Clothing doesn't matter as much because it'll probably change the higher you level up.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

If they're not going to focus a lot on this aspect of the game I'd love to at least be able to make my character unique. I basically want all the customization features possible, but we'll probably not see that many.

7. Ishmael

Do we know if your weapons are customizable, by the way? Apart from actually changing the gun when you get a better one I mean. I'd like to change skins, and parts and stuff like that. That's a thing I'd like to see.

8. FuZyOn

I think we're making assumptions now, there isn't anything sure about customization. It would be a really cool thing to have, it would also give a lot of personality to the game.

9. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

If I had a choice, I'd want to fully customize every aspect of my character. I always have a blast creating my character and look forward to it with a new game. The deeper the customization, the more time I'll get to enjoy it.

But that being said, I have a feeling that it'll be more in-line with the costume changes we had in Assassin's Creed and Watch Dog, where you can change your character's clothes but not so much the character itself.

Weapon customization, as mentioned by Ishmael above, would definitely be awesome. Those little touches just really polish a game and make it that much more enjoyable. I suspect that this too will be like what we've seen in AC and WD.

10. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

It needs enough customization to at least set you somewhat apart from everyone else in end game.

You don't want to be looking exactly like everyone else, wearing the same gear, using the same skills and etc. You want to be able to stand apart from others and be like LOOK AT ME! lol

11. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

A decent amount. I do like full customization in my RPGs. I'm not sure Division's going to be robust enough - or long enough - to warrant going into super-deep detail on my character, however, so as long as I can tweak a few stats, maybe add some stubble, I'll probably be happy.

Customization in multiplayer would be nice, though. The best multiplayer games are not ones where everyone is exactly the same.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  12. Benetnasch

Benetnasch Member

I want some amount of customization. It does not have to be anything major, but an option to set my character apart from others would be nice. It would be a tad awkward for everyone to similar to one another in a multiplayer game.

13. Cyborg Superman

You both bring forth good points regarding the issues with everyone looking so similar. This is a massive multiplayer game after all, and the ones I've played (City of Heroes, DC Universe Online, LOTR: O, etc.) all had pretty in depth character customization that really made a lot of the characters unique. Walking around and checking everyone's characters is part of the fun and appeal of an online game for me.

So considering how multiplayer is a huge part of this game, I'd hope that everyone doesn't end up looking too generic.

14. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I want to be able to make my character similar either to me or at least not looking like the NPCs in the game. If I can at least choose the sex of my character, I can be satisfied with that since I play enough games where I'm stuck with a dude and I would like something different for a change.

15. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

honestly don't expect too much from the actual character customization . Expect some presets with a few sliders, but nothing too deep. I'd be surprised if we can even choose our sex tbh. If this is going to make or break the game for you, might as well move along. Character customization that's detailed like in black Desert is far and few between

16. Cyborg Superman

I would hope that at the least you can choose between male or female, at the minimum.

Since they aren't positioning this game with a defined protagonist like Watch_Dog's Aiden Pearce, I'd hope you can make your main character as unique as possible, but even if it's a few sliders and such, picking male/female would seem like a given to me.

17. Ishmael

After the recent happenings with Ubisoft and them not adding female characters in AC Unity, it's almost assured that we will be able to be a female character if we want in The Division. Also, it's a multiplayer game, so everyone should be represented as close as the developers possibly can.

18. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I get that but at the very least, so long as I can play as someone that doesn't have a pair between their legs, I'll be happy. If I want a super detailed customization, I'll head to a MMORPG. Otherwise, just choosing presets that happen to be female will be good enough for me.

19. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

I'd like to see plenty of customization on the graphics options, so my tired old CPU can still run it and the people with water-cooled gaming rigs can still utilize their hardware fully. I'd also like to see some character customization, but it's not a massive deal to me, if I have to play as a female, then so be it, it won't spoil my enjoyment one bit.

20. FuZyOn

Something that isn't 100% related to customization but I would like to see added in future games is actual voice commands. For example, if you have to say a sentence that decides how the story goes further you can tell it via your microphone.