How many hours did you spend on MMORPG (daily)

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by vash, May 27, 2016.

?

Hour many hours do you spend on MMORPG daily on average?

Poll closed May 27, 2019.
  1. 16+ hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 12~15 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8~12 hours

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. 6~8 hours

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. 4~6 hours

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 2~4 hours

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. 1~2 hours

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  8. Less than one hour a day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

When you were still playing a MMORPG, how many hours do you spend on the game on daily basis on average?

At the peak of my addiction, it was minimal 6~8 hours during the week days. On the weekends, it was probably over 16 hours a day. I was basically playing all the time including during the meals. The only time I wasn't playing would be sleeping and using the restroom.

I think it would make me a hardcore player. I also think it is a lot more sustainable to be a causal player since they do not get burnt out as quickly.

Were you a hardcore or causal player? How many hours you spend daily on the game?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Throughout the week I can't play more than 3-4 hours because I have stuff to do and work, but I play a lot of MMORPG's in the weekend, sometimes even 8 hours which is a little excessive.

3. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'd only play around 3 hours on average but I don't play everyday. It's not my main source of entertainment so I usually just play whenever I'm in the mood. If I have lots of free time and I'm very much in that type of mood I can binge for up to 6 to 8 hours though.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

If I have an MMO to play I'll play it for a couple of hours a day I guess, not more than that because then I'll feel like I'm doing nothing constructive with my time. :p

5. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I try to limit it to 1 to 2 hours a day because of work and responsibilities but I make it up on the weekend for four hours. It's hard to game when you're thinking about the stress of day to day life and my working hours at the agency means I have to work overtime a lot. My casual gaming is not a choice.

6. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

You guys are generally "weak" by MMORPG standards. :p
    I remember the most hardcore MMORPGs is a total test of who has no life. Lineage 2 for example, all the top players would spend more than half the time every day in the game. Some of them were saying things like "Sleep is for the weak", and "Hey, I do take out the garbage sometimes". :D

There were also news of people from Asia playing for days nonstop in internet cafes. Some of them apparently live in the internet cafe and eat only instant noodles with a few hours of nap each day. Once in a while, one or two make them to the news ... after they are dead.

7. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

When I was still a legend, I had some serious, serious days. In FFXI, I once stayed awake for 2 straight days to finish a very long quest chain that's normally supposed to be completed over weeks for a crowd control spell so I could get into this alternate dimension dungeon thing called Dynamis...was epic :)

Edit: I should mention I also had to stay awake for dynamis once I had it :)

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

If I'm super into a game, and my friends are playing, I can easily spend 5 to 8 hours playing. I once played for 10 hours straight with no breaks. Except I accidentally kind of burnt myself out on the game, and now I haven't touched in over two weeks, haha. If I just wanna go little things, like a raid or two, I'll normally only play for about one to two hours. It honestly depends on if my friends are playing with me or not. :p

9. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

10 hours straight with no food no restroom breaks? :p

Even when we were at LAN parties playing overnight, we still had small breaks in between games. Some of the guys would go out for a smoke, and we would also use the time for some food, drinks, and small talks, plus restroom breaks. Stretching is also important after hours of sitting there playing.

10. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

My amount of time really does vary on a lot of different things, but one thing that is certain is that the time is getting less and less, and also less and less frequent. It happens, but whenever I think about it it is kind of a bummer.

pwarbi likes this.
  11. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

As we all get older and take on more responsibilities, then I think it's only natural that we don't get to play as much and for as long as we would want to, so now for me it's maybe a couple of hours a day at the very most.

That's a far cry from what it used to be when especially at the weekend I could rack up 8-10 hours on a game no problem at all.

12. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I'm the compulsive type and I hold to something it was hard to stop. I could play MMORPG all day and sometimes extended at night. I remember somedays I used to play over night and continue the following day until am fully fatigued. It was fun but I don't want that habit in my life.

13. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I spend a fairly good time on MMORPG considering the fact I have other many sites I also visit daily. That said sometimes I'd say around thirty minutes and other time less than an hour. By reason of this thread I may look into spending more time.

14. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to skip class just to play MMORPG when I was in college. I helped the shop owner open at 7am and I would stay there until he would close the shop around 2 in the morning. there were times that I slept in his shop just to play overnight.

15. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That shows you were really into MMORPG during your college days. I couldn't do that much, hope it didn't consume your time for other activities.

Working Buck likes this.
  16. Working Buck

Regular

Well it did consume a lot of my time, I ended up dropping out from school and just selling stuff from the game. Through that, I learned selling other stuff in school like shoes and shirts. I didn't finish school but it taught me how to do business.

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh no, I wish you were able to finish school. Anyway I hope you excelling in business now. That's one of the paramount thing to excel in whatever you're doing.

Working Buck likes this.
  18. Working Buck

Regular

Well it's good enough for me since I do not like my course anyway. I'm doing good as of now, I still sell goods and we are about to launch our website soon.

19. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's a great idea if you finally launch a site for your business @Working Buck. I personally would be interested to know about your business. It's glad to hear you are doing good in business.

20. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Daily my hours definitely dropped a little bit and have been on that path for some time now, but if you look at the whole year and all of that I would say it is ending up about average. I just seem to make it up for it on benders.