How many computers have you owned?

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by moneyman, Dec 21, 2015.

1. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member
    Regular

My family has owned a total of 4 desktops. I've purchased a hand-me-down Alienware desktop, and won a mini laptop. That brings the total to 6 computers. I'm trying my best to save up to build my own, but things always get in the way. Hopefully this year is the year.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

In the course of ten years I've had 2 desktops and about 5 laptops. Some of the laptops were hand me downs though so they weren't really going to last that long. One of those was an old macbook that I honestly thought would never die but sadly I was mistaken.

3. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've owned at least 4 computers: 2 desktops and 2 laptops. My current one is a desktop and if I'm not travelling that's what I'm sticking with.

4. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

In total I have owned three computers all Laptops. My very first computer was Dell no wireless signal. I got that around 2004. Thereafter I got HP in 2009 which I used till it got bad this year. I got another HP computer this year.

5. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I've owned only one laptop and one desktop. I started with a desktop since I was not moving from place to place that much, I later gave it to my brother and bought a laptop. I use it for my school projects and also for games.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I haven't actually experience working online using the desktop. All my experiences has been with the laptop. If I get a good desktop new or refurbished I may buy for occasional online use and more for games.

7. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just owned two desktops, I'm still using one now. In terms of laptops, I owned around seven of them. I really want to own a gaming laptop but I think they cost too much for me as of this time. I like laptops since they are portable, but I prefer desktops when it comes to performance and price.

tony likes this.
  8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's a lot of laptops you got there @Working Buck at first that may sound as if you are laptop dealer hahaha. Are all the computers functioning. I am asking because in my case I have used three laptops and at moment it's only one that's functioning I don't go for another until I have issues with the one I am using.

Working Buck likes this.
  9. Working Buck

Regular

Well, I was a dealer LOL! It's the reason I had two or three units at a time. I stopped it since business is not that good when it comes to used laptops here in my place. I prefer using desktops than laptops, bad thing is they are quite hard to resell.

10. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

My guess was quite correct, I knew it won't be easy to own all that number of laptops where you are not actually a seller. I am surprised that used laptops business isn't flourishing at your place. I got mine a used or refurbished computer and I gathered from the dealer it was a thriving business.

11. Working Buck

Regular

It was quite good for a while when we started back in 2014, but the competition got a bit tough since a lot of Koreans are dumping used gadgets here and selling them like they're giving them away. We ended up disposing some of them and keeping one so we have something for personal use.

12. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Now I get it better @Working Buck in that instance you mentioned, were the people sell out their used stuffs as though they giving them for free, the business of used laptop will be tough. Why not consider a few new ones if you got the money.

13. Working Buck

Regular

I left the buy and sell business for now and I'm focusing on learning basic programming. I want to develop an app that I have in mind. But I would definitely get back to selling gadgets once the market is a bit better,there is a lot of competition here and honestly, I can't compete with most of them since they do have a ton of funds.

14. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you are taking the wise step to learn programming in the time being. Diversifying your skills is a good development. Personally I am not good at programming yet and I think I should make out time for that.

Working Buck likes this.
  15. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

I hаd а Sinсlаir ZX-81. It hаd 1K оf RаM but my dаd splurgеd аnd I gоt thе 16K hаrdwаrе еxtеnsiоn, аs sееn in this piсturе.
    It wаs suсh а thrill tо соnnесt it tо thе hоmе TV аnd sее sоmеthing оn thе TV whiсh wаsn't TV. It аlsо hаd аudiо соnnесtоrs tо аudiо саssеttе rесоrdеrs yоu соuld usе tо lоаd аnd sаvе prоgrаms (thеy wоuld gеt sаvеd аs а lоng sеquеnсе оf сhirps аnd bееps, muсh likе hоw yоur mоdеm usеd tо sоund).

16. Working Buck

Regular

I'm doing what I can whenever I do have the time, though I can say I'm not doing well when it comes to programming. A lot of my friends who are tech geeks tell me it's easy, Not for me I think LOL!

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That;s something I have come to understand with computers most of the ooerations are very simple to those who understand them and very hard to the novice

18. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I currently have one desktop that I haven't used in ages and one laptop that I use almost everyday.

19. pmk1996

pmk1996 Active Member
    Regular

I have owned two laptops and one desktop.

20. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have owned 4 desktop PC's so far.