How many accounts?

Discussion in 'EVE Online' started by Jessi, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Jessi

Jessi Active Member

EVE is definitely one of those games where people tend to have more than one account. It seems like the only disadvantage or hold-back is when it comes to system resources or screen real estate. After all, it doesn't do you any good to have 7 accounts if your system can only run 5 at one time or if you're on a tiny screen where you can reasonably only manage 3 accounts running at a time.

So for you personally, how many accounts do you run? Do you multi-box them all at the same time or does it depend on what you're doing?

2. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

I used to have 2 account that I would mine while I did my homework. I only play on 1 account right now but I barely play anymore.

3. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

It just trickles down. At some point you have more ISK on your account than you know what to do with, so you buy gametime.... then after awhile, you have enough to buy gametime on an alt.... the more alts... etc etc.. Many players have dozens of accounts and donĀ“t spend real money to play

4. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

I have two accounts, only one of which is active. I'm honestly about to take a break from the game after playing for nearly a year. I've been playing off and on since 2009, and the game has changed quite a bit. And there isn't much innovation other than working on Null sec revamps going on within CCP. I think that at some point it becomes all but impossible for a dedicated player to have just one account. Having alts to handle scouting, lighting cynos, and making ISK is just too useful. Especially when you start getting higher in skill points and fly more valuable ships.

5. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

I only have one account. Mind you, the last time I played EVE was back in 2006. So I'm sure a lot has changed since then. Reason I would stick with one account is the amount of stuff can potentially overwhelm me. Losing track of what I need to do, etc.

6. Tanis

Tanis Active Member
    Regular

My maximum was 3 accounts simultaneously. It was actually pretty hard work running them all and multiboxing, but at that point, I was very deep in EVE. I eventually retired them one by one as I ran out of time and found other hobbies. I've since left EVE, but kept the good memories and experiences. I will say that having 2 accounts is actually really good and any accounts beyond that is where it gets to diminishing returns.

7. Whitewolf2578

Whitewolf2578 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Two accounts. I wanted to get the best out of mining so one flies my Orca that is my hauler and buffer and the other one has my industrial ORE mining ship on it. Used to do nothing but mine all the time, so I have all the training for it. Now I am just working on Stealth Bomber stuff.

8. Sweeriebanana

Sweeriebanana Active Member
    Regular

I never knew that it was possible to have more than one account. I just had one . I normally tend to forget passwords and all so I try to limit myself to one account.

9. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

Why would anyone bother to open more than one account just to play a game? I have heard of people opening more than one account so they could double their income but I've never heard about it when it comes to playing games. I'm used to handling only one account.

10. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have 3 active accounts.