How long is your average Minecraft session?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by SpaceGuy, May 17, 2014.

1. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuy Well-Known Member

How long do you spend in one sitting playing Minecraft usually? For me, I spend around two hours in a row running around, building my farm, taming pets and trying to find those pesky iron blocks, what do you do?

2. ForceofXero

ForceofXero Member

I used to play for 5+ hours daily with my friends on a server. I don't play this game as much anymore, as I have moved to other games like League of Legends and Terraria. So, nowadays, around a hour a session just mindlessly exploring new servers.

3. yanksrock528

yanksrock528 Member

It's much longer than I would like to admit! I usually don't play everyday, but I still play for many hours a week because every time I sit down to just play for a "little bit" I end up spending half my day trying to build the perfect house!

4. mmmaske

mmmaske Well-Known Member

Oh man I stay up entire nights to play. Not recently though, I don't crave playing as much as I used to. I'd rather sleep these days. Oh sweet, sweet sleep. o_O

5. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

If I had enough free time, you'll see me playing Minecraft for 5+ hours on average, exploring caves, protecting my house (and building it) constantly searching for a "better" place to live in and stocking up on blocks.

6. allennf

allennf Member

I try to limit myself to two hours at a time, but sometimes I go over. I always say set a deadline for myself, which I usually break.

7. Edware

Edware Well-Known Member

Depends on what I'm doing at the time and how I'm feeling. If I'm building and not feeling lazy I could be there all day. If I'm just exploring with some friends it probably wouldn't be more than two hours.

8. mark973

mark973 Well-Known Member

Back when I first started it was usually around 2-3 hours. Now I play around an hour everyday.

9. ACN

ACN Well-Known Member

If I ever play minecraft I would end up playing for the whole day

10. jesse jeffers

jesse jeffers Active Member

If im playing alone, i will usually listen to a podcast (PKA fans out there?) and I will play for about 2-3 hours. With some friends, ill usually play for about 4 hours! Time gets carried away!

11. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

On my 'Minecraft-Days', I play about 5-6 hours on average. On my off-days, I either don't play or spend about 30 minutes to an hour on it daily. Like last week, I spent an average of 6 hours per day for a week, then this week, I played about an hour total so far.

12. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Well-Known Member

Same here. And I guess that is the optimal way to play Minecraft, explore for long periods of hours, settle in and once you are ensured of your settlement, you could take a long break and just go back to the game once you feel like it.

13. Aprax

Aprax Well-Known Member

Really depends on what I feel like doing. Sometimes I just want to roam the world and derp around, whereas sometimes I'll purposefully be building houses, a dungeon, etc.

14. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member
    Regular

My average Minecraft session has decreased significantly this year. In prior years, I was able to clock in 6-7 hours in one sitting. Now, I just average 3-4 hours for each play through. I mostly spend my time building whatever it is that comes to my mind. :)

Do I see my play time increasing in the future? I don't think so. Maybe when I get more time to myself, I'll be able to clock in 6 hours again. :)

15. Rico

Rico Member

Usually an hour for me, but occasionally I'll go up to three if I have the time and lots of things are going on in my server.

16. wvboarder

wvboarder Well-Known Member

My play time varies with how tired I am. I usually only play at night after work so it depends if I have to get up in the morning. At most I've played 6 hours, usually only about 2 hours if I have to work the next day.

17. Rhodie

Rhodie Member

I do a minecraft let's play on youtube and me an my buddy will record for 2 hours straight and chop that into 5 or 6 episodes. we do this every week or so.

18. Canadien

Canadien Member

Depends on how busy I am that day, if I've got a lot of work or homework that I need to do, among other factors. However, I usually spend about 2-3 hours per sitting, when I do play. After a while it does get a bit monotonous, especially since I only play on single player survival. Also, my computer ends up going on overdrive and gets so hot I could fry an egg on it if I play for any longer then that, haha.

19. Azurix

Azurix Well-Known Member

If I'm just starting on a project, I will spend up to five hours playing Minecraft, just because that is how addicting it becomes for me! Although, after playing constantly for a few days, my sessions will become shorter and shorter because I tend to lose interest in projects and games very quickly. However, I will eventually start playing again, and then the process will start all over again for me!

20. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

For me it was about 2-3 hours in the evenings when I played this with my cousin.