Quantcast

How Important Are The RPG Elements To You?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by Cyborg Superman, Sep 7, 2015.

1. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

It's pretty important. I love the sense of getting stronger as well. RPG's have a lot of elements that just make the gameplay more enjoyable overall.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

It definitely gives you a sense of purpose and that you're progressing towards something. It feels rewarding and a good way to keep people playing as long as there's a sense of progress. That's the trick, really, and we'll have to wait and play to find out how well it works.

3. BoxofCereal

BoxofCereal Member Regular

I don't think it's that important. I'm much more interested in the skill-based FPS elements of the game. Gear acquisition is a nice driving force for conflict, however. I think once I get in the game and start playing I'll learn to love it more. So long as they strike a nice balance between gear and skill, especially in PVP, I think they have an excellent game.

4. lainie.jae

lainie.jae New Member

For myself, personally I don't get too excited about RPG part of games. I want to explore, do quests and achievements. However, I do believe that a lot of players look forward and thoroughly enjoy the aspects of RPG. That being said, I believe that it is very difficult to find that line, where both RPG'ers and non RPG'ers can play together, in the way they prefer.

5. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Videogames nowadays have always some kind of RPG mechanics. The latest AC games have skill trees, crafting, customization and so on for example. So most people are already used to RPG games somehow. :p

6. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

True, although compare that to Mass Effect or Skyrim and you realize that it's very much RPG lite, if you know what I mean.

I think they add that "RPG" element in order to provide a carrot and "force" players to experience as much of the game as possible. I did a lot more of the side quests and boating missions in AC than I probably should because I knew it would unlock content.