How hard is the game?

Discussion in 'Pokemon Go' started by Norjak71, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

How hard is it to pick this game up and play if I have pretty much zero experience in the genre. It seems to be taking the world by storm so I figure I might download it and try it out but I'm unsure what the learning curve is for it. Thoughts?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think you'll get the hang of it, you don't need to know all the Pokemons and their abilities, just have fun and catch them then check online to see their strengths. Also, get to know what a Pokestop is and how to fight, the learning curve isn't steep at all.

3. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member
    Regular

Do I have to be in a certain location though? I see all these pictures of people gathering at different parks and different locations. Is it really about being in the right place at the right time?

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pretty much, you have to get Pokeballs somehow so you need to move a lot to find locations that have them. Other than that it's pretty much a chase through your city to find the best Pokemons. You'll understand how it works while playing.

5. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

You'll learn to play in no time the game is super simple. It's not even comparable to the original pokemon. They made it a mobile version and it's pretty good.

6. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

There's pretty much no learning curve to the game. The mechanics to the game are all well explained within the game itself and they're pretty simple regardless.

7. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep...that was my experience in learning to play the game, and I picked it up very quickly. This is coming from someone who is usually behind on these things, and for who it takes a little more time to get used to , so that might tell you something. Quite simple, indeed.

8. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you haven't played Pokemon at all then that's alright because the game is pretty good at catching you up with it's history and it's pretty easy to play actually because the primary point of the game is to just catch pokemon, like a dog catcher or something but you can easily become an animal trainer in that line of thought as well.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well that is interesting, and I guess it is a good way to put it. I am trying to think of how I would respond to what my father always used to say - "explain it me like I am 12" - and I think that this might be a good way to go. If you had to explain to someone who is going in with no previous awareness of it, this is a good one.

10. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, there really isn´t that much to learn, the majority of the fun for me is just the collection aspect of the game. The pseudo-pvp gyms can be fun also and have a slightly harder challenge, but really nothing. The biggest part of the game is just playing the game while you are walking. I don´t think you necessarily have to go to certain spots, you kinda find them easy enough in my experience.

11. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, you definitely don't need too much experience to play the game since it's a simple game where you don't have to do much at all, you just have to try it a couple of times and you'll get the hang of it.

12. TheKnight

TheKnight New Member

It's as hard depending on your transportation and how far you're willing to go. You can watch videos too to know how to at least catch Pokemon and some people don't know that you actually don't HAVE to be close to the Pokemon to catch it.

13. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I found it pretty tough, at first, and then just like anything once you really start getting into it it is pretty easy. I also did not really get all that into it though, so I don't know.

14. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member
    Regular

How hard a game is, is quite difficult to answer because I think a lot depends on various factors such as ho experienced you are at playing games, and especially when it comes to games of this genre.

I found the game pretty easy to pick up and play, but that doesn't mean to say that everyone will. I've known people that have struggled to get into it and have been on the verge of giving up before they finally started to get to grips with it but they are glad they persevered.

15. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

It isn't hard at all to play the game if you have zero experience in it. I know it's kinda late to start it now because the hype went down and it isn't popular as it was before, but it still a decent game. I play it from time to time, but not like I used to in the summer.

16. edy

edy Active Member
    Regular

Pokemon Go is not too hard. Pokemon Go is, in fact, addicting. That is what you must watch out for, and not the difficulty of playing.

17. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

When I first started playing this game I had problems finding the Pokemons. I always collected the same Pokemon over and over again while I could see other people collecting different and even rare Pokemons. Thanks to some rarity charts I found on Reddit and other online platforms. I now know my way around this game.

18. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the point about it just being addicting, and really all that hard. That tends to happen with games like this, where you can just get all worked up and it seems harder than it really is.

19. Belovedad

Belovedad Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's not really hard. It's just like your typical console pokemon game with more interaction. You get used to it after a while and it gets boring pretty fast in my opinion.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think regardless of your knowledge or not, there is no difficulty in playing GO Pokémon. Of course you'll have to get used to the rules and pace of the game, but this is easily achieved. All you have to do is be willing to learn. ;)