How do you imagine your life without computer or any technologies?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by mwin43587, Jun 5, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

How do you imagine your life without computer or any technologies?

2. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I think it's a very good question and the answer would have to be indirectly affected at the moment, because I use it to communicate with family that are far away from me, or living in another country. If I was with them, I would really love to live in a life where there aren't technologies and go back to old centuries where they actually did things in their lives, they were full of life, it was such a good time. Modern times raised the standard of entertainment and created the concept that sitting on the balcony just looking at the stars is a boring thing.

3. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That might be hard because without it I can't do many things because we lived in a modern era and to not have technology is really hard because we can't communicate with other people and to entertain ourselves by watching tv, or movies or listening to music.

4. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

It'll be a lot different. I'd be in better shape! But I may also be pretty bored. I spend way too much time on the computer to even think about that question.

5. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

My life would be pretty chill then. I don't mind not having any kind of technology as long as I live in the mountains, my own island or somewhere beach side. I always thought I could be a hunter-gatherer like all the characters and champions I play. I love the idea of living off the land and starting my own fire.

6. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member
    Regular

Life would be pretty boring, honestly. I also wouldn't have a job! :(

7. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

ditto on the job part and also since I really like video games. I mean, I can get by with books, but I would have to constantly go to the library and with book shops closing, my only real source to get new books is ordering it online...

8. Varian245

Varian245 Active Member
    Regular

I would probably read and write every single day into my notebooks and then my hands would be so cramped. It would be boring without being able to listen to music and play games. Also not being able to read fanfics online. Overall, my life would be rinse and repeat every single day. I don't have much things to do since I am a hermit sitting alone at the computer.

9. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

If computers and the internet went away suddenly, my career would die. However, let's say these things were never invented, I believe I would probably be a lot healthier today. All this sitting is not good for our health. I would probably have played outside more in the mid 1990's. Spend more time riding my bike when I was younger and older.

10. jamesbonner

jamesbonner Active Member
    Regular

I think everything gonna be okey, when I was kid (11 years old) I had no computer or anything else, I was spending all the day outside playing with my friends, then I go back to my home, eat and sleep lol simple life

11. moneyman

moneyman Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would imagine it being miserable since modern technology makes living so easy. You can just order anything you ever could imagine of through internet and searching for information is really quick and easy.

12. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I say all the time that I'm so thankful that I live in the age of technology. There's so many things we couldn't have access to without it.

13. Feels Bard Man

Feels Bard Man Active Member
    Regular

I think it would be a pretty bleak and boring existence. But then again, if we never had computers, we wouldnt know how much fun we are missing out.

14. Bannon

Bannon Active Member
    Regular

I'd probably be a sage-like person constantly pondering on the aspects of the world and trying to figure out how it works or make it better. Technology may not exist but being curious about the world and finding ways to improve it is what gave us technology in the first place.

15. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think I would've played sports a lot more. I grew up in the 90s when having a PC wasn't all that great and other than games my mom couldn't figure out why would I need it so it took her a while before she got me one. Before I had a computer, I was really into sports, basketball specifically and I played it a lot. I was on a team and everything. Two of my teammates recently got drafted to the NBA and I can't help but wonder if that could've been me.

16. jsscjcbs

jsscjcbs Member
    Regular

I cant picture my life without these things honestly. Technology is life everything revolves around it and it always will. Without technology everything would move slower and everything would be a very long tedious process. Technology is also a form of entertainment. It would be quiet boring without it.

17. HalfBeard

HalfBeard Well-Known Member
    Regular

This became reality during Hurricane Sandy, haha. It was awful at first but I adapted. Spent a lot of time with board games and playing outside. Also went to sleep a lot earlier since there's very little to do at night without electricity.

18. evelination

evelination Well-Known Member
    Regular

You have to look at it retrospectively: How did people back then manage to survive without any technology that we have got plentiful nowadays? Yes, it's a rhetorical question, because I can't answer it myself either, lol. I mean, if I was now taken Internet and the games I'm incessantly playing, I think I'd turn insane!

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't imagine. Basically, my life is shaped 90% with what I've learned on the internet (a new language, career skills and jobs). I would basically not be here today if it wasn't for technology and internet.

20. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends. If my life's set and I can live back in the NW on a plot of land homesteading then it's not an issue. Internet's nice and whatnot but if I had my druthers, I'd be out there homesteading and be fine without a computer. When I was back home, I rarely used the internet because I was out and about all the time.