Strife How do you feel about the pet system?

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by athena02, Oct 17, 2014.

1. athena02

athena02 Member

While I do like this feature, a lot of times I feel that something is off about. I can't put y finger on what it is really, but there are times where I feel that the game would be better off without the pets.

How about you?

2. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can agree that it feels iffy, as if it was poorly integrated. Strife is a game that tried too much to improve and failed, but truth is it's really hard to improve in this genre, now that big-name games like DOTA 2 and LoL have got the formula ironed out and that fans will decline any change to the formula, as brilliant as it may be.

3. athena02

athena02 Member

Makes sense, I suppose they didn't have any prior successful example to base this feature on. Hopefully they'll be fixing this soon. I was excited about the whole MOBA 2.0 thing at first, but this is all starting to decline.

4. c9h2ua

c9h2ua Active Member
    Regular

However, this is a very good and unique idea to have.
    In most of the MMORPG games, I haven't seen a feature like the pet system and it is really cool in my opinion. Therefore, I wish they could improve the pet system because that is such an interesting feature.

5. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a tad iffy in this title. I do like that there are experimenting with new systems to push forward this stagnating genre of MOBAs. They need some more work before it's relatively solid.

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I like the pet system, it's quite amusing, sometimes it takes away the boredom in the game, I love pets.

7. majessticah

majessticah Active Member

I think the pet system shows that Strife is putting out a good effort to be at least slightly unique from other MOBA-style games, because let's face it... every single MOBA is basically the same nowadays. So, I admire the developers for that. However. I think it's kind of cute and it makes me feel like I actually have a little friend out there on the battlefield with me. I haven't gotten to the point where they evolve yet (I'm assuming they do based on what I've seen on the pet screen) but I'm actually a little excited for that!

8. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I like the pet system.

9. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I see.

10. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree.

11. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I agree with what you estated. It's like this game is trying too hard but nothing is changing.

12. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Overall everything hasn't changed as much which definitely signals something wrong