How did you get to know the Doom series?

Discussion in 'Doom 2016 Discussion' started by Shine_Spirit, May 27, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I met Doom series through a friend (totally crazy about games! :eek:) who had been playing the game for some time.

I asked for a recommendation of a new game to him and he introduced me to the world of Doom. It was a very good day and since then, I've never stopped playing it anymore. :)

2. JonathanS

JonathanS Member

I was introduced to the Doom series when Doom 3 - Ressurection of Evil (2005) was released. Saw an ad on TV and it caught my attention! Then I started doing my research and buying previously released games from the series. From that point forward I was basically hooked. Then the Lost Mission Edition was released in 2012. So it revived my love the Doom series. That's basically my story on how I got onto the series.

3. Xilkozuf

Xilkozuf Member

When I was little I used to buy a magazine about videogames. In one issue they had this preview for an upcoming game, waited for years, called Doom 3. It had those cool monsters, weapons... I imagine I would have liked it, even if I didn't heard about the first two, so I waited for the release and... well, I became the Doom fan I still am today.