Quantcast

How can I stop accumulating insane amounts of gold?

Discussion in 'Skyrim' started by AzureSparkle, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Jboh

Jboh Active Member Regular

Putting mods aside, there's not much you can do with it. If you have the Hearthfire DLC, you can invest it all into building a house and just buy whatever you need instead of gathering it yourself. I like to go around to weapon merchants and purchase weapons with enchantments that I don't already have yet, just for the sake of completion.

If you enjoy stealth gameplay, dumping cash into alchemy ingredients for potions and poison could be entertaining. There's a perk in the pickpocket tree that allows you to reverse-pickpocket poisons onto NPCs which triggers the poison's effect. Other than that, I don't know. There's way too much gold in Skyrim and not enough to do with it. There are trade and economy mods that try to fix this which you can find a list of high-quality mods on the Skyrim Gems website.

2. Kayla Bishop

Kayla Bishop Member Regular

I bought every house in the game, and I still had like 50k gold. The problem was that I had 99 smithing, which makes it way too easy to make money. I usually spent my gold on training after that, but I never got below 30k gold.

3. djskyrim

djskyrim Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I want your problem :p I could never seem to have enough. I kept selling and buying, selling and buying, and each house came slowly. Maybe because I was and am a hoarder. I simply store a lot of weapons and other stuff instead of selling them for gold.

4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Well-Known Member Regular

Throw all your items/gold to a rushing river, wear the rags you were wearing during the introduction, and start a new life as a homeless wanderer. You'll need to restock your supplies, and you'll need to earn gold again because you need it to buy decent weapon and armors. Perfect combination, am I right? You get to remove your gold problem, and you get an exciting challenge ahead of you by being virtually back to level one.

5. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE! Regular

I don't see how this is a problem. I also don't see a good way to avoid it. At some point you will accumulate more than you need as you level skills and complete objectives in game. Why does it even matter?