How can I get more subscribers on my YouTube Channel? (Minecraft mainly)?

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Gloomer, May 15, 2015.

1. Gloomer

Gloomer Member

About 2 months ago me and a mate decided to set up a YouTube channel, dedicated mainly to Minecraft. We didn't tell many people that we know about it, as we wanted the subscription number to actually mean something, not just how many friends we have. Any ways to improve it or to get more people interested in it that you can think of would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTeamDraco?feature=mhee

2. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member
    Regular

It seems like you are working on it. Good job :)
    One way of improving could be recommending it on MC specific websites. Try making your own modpack and playing it. This way, more people will be attracted to original content rather than copying other people by playing FTB and such. Good luck :)

3. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

Your channel is awesome, it's better then mine. Well, most channels are better then mine. I sent a friend request and might subscribe soon depends how your videos do. Anyway, there's no short way to getting "GOOD" subscribers.

4. blastguardgear

blastguardgear Well-Known Member

I suggest you check out www.GetFreeSubs.com to get yourself some more subscribers, the site works perfectly, and I know for a fact that A LOT of the people who will be subscribing to your channel love Minecraft, I mean who doesn't love it!

5. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you'd do this, but I know there are websites that do things like exchange youtube likes, facebook likes, twitter followers, etc. But I'm not sure if you care about the quality of the people actually following you.

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Don't be a dummy and use the subscriber services. Those accounts get shut down all the time, and they're not going to add anything of quality to your channel.

7. Imani S

Imani S Member

I tried to do Youtube for awhile, and I just recently made a Twitch. And I barely get anyone watching. But that's okay, because you have to be genuine about what you're playing and enjoy what you're doing. Promote yourself on social media, build something in Minecraft and dedicate it to people who are big on social media so they can repost it and then you get more watches. It's really sort of easy to manage. You have to be willing to put yourself out there and overexpose what you're doing in order to get the best results.

8. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

One thing I'd note is that the audio quality could be improved. I don't know what microphone you're using now, but it might be good to compare it with anything else you have, even if it's making an audio recording on your phone and stitching everything back together during editing.

9. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

Well, a lot of viewers like to watch videos with high quality. Also, maybe you can do some "advertising" on the forums by showing off some of your builds.

10. SecretlyTaco

Regular

You could do something like I have write "Check out my youtube channel!" in your forum signature (although my server doesn't exist anymore)

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Try to add some unique content that will attract new viewers. Don't try to do the same things that all the Minecraft youtubers do. I'm sure you'll get a lot of subscribers this way.

12. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

I subscribed! Great content man.

13. arghyadeep

arghyadeep Member

You should just wait and in the mean time you should update your channel with good content regularly. Patience is very important for these kinds of work.

You can use social networking sites to promote your YouTube channel and can get good amount of subscribers in no time.

14. Calamity

Calamity Member

Stay consistent and build a following. I used to stream with relative success on Twitch.tv, so I have some insight. Don't deal with the bullshit. Using subscriber services or other things won't add anything of value to your channel. You'll be making yourself look worse, and making yourself look like a tool. Build a following; this isn't as easy as it sounds. You actually have to be interesting, and produce quality work. I spent maybe a year building my Twitch channel before it was anywhere near successful. I kept being consistent, and producing quality. Eventually since I was interesting enough I started to get a following. That following is what will enable you to broaden your audience. It isn't easy work, and you will actually have to work for it. Good Luck!

15. nikki011

nikki011 Member

Wow, I checked out you're profile, very nice job. It does seem that you're YouTube is generating quite a bit of traffic lately, so that's a very positive thing for you in you're YouTube future. When it comes to getting views the only thing I could advise is to make content that you enjoy making. I've viewed many YouTuber's who just don't seem to be interested in what they're making thus for making me lose interest in their content. If you enjoy what you're doing than the viewers will see that and be more attracted to your content. Just make sure not to rush your work. Yes, there are YouTubers that have millions of subscribers but that usually (in most cases, unless extremely lucky) doesn't come over night. So take your time and release quality content. One last thing I'd mention is to interact with your fans. Maybe in the long run it will be more difficult to do but at least make time to in the beginning. Talk to your viewers, let them know that you're listening to them and that their opinions matter.

16. iCaliBri

iCaliBri Member

First thing you want to make sure is that your videos must be on HD. I know it isn't necessary, and some YouTubers have their videos on 480p, but trust me, some people hate to watch videos below 720p. I realised that your videos aren't on 720p, so what I can firstly suggest is recording your videos on high definition. The next thing you want is a good intro. There are lots of video editing softwares around the net that you could purchase. Make sure you edit your videos as good as possible and prevent any flaws or errors when editing.

However, the most important thing is to be original. You have to be different. There are tons of gaming channels out there, and you need to be original and stand out from the crowd. I wish you luck.

17. bsthebenster

bsthebenster Well-Known Member

Gee, promote it I suppose. Word of mouth helps a lot, and make sure to write good descriptions with lots of tags to make sure that people find it easily.

18. SecretlyTaco

Regular

Well, you haven't posted anything in 3 years, OP. I don't know what you're playing at but this isn't a good way to run a youtube channel.

19. pgaff831

pgaff831 New Member

Try doing this:
    Tweet and share links on Facebook so that everybody can see and easily follow the link to your channel. Make a separate Twitter account and follow anybody that comes up related to online gaming and such. Hopefully they follow back. You can then tweet your link with more info, or DM them with a brief pre-set message politely showing them how to visit your channel. It actually shows great results!

20. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

There are a lot of paid services around, as well as free ones. Can't tell for the latter since they don't seem reliable and most even resemble spyware, but the paid ones are definitely doing what they're supposed to, you have my seal of approval. Just do a quick Google search for paid subscribers for Youtube and enjoy!