How Big?

Discussion in 'No Man's Sky' started by Chris_A, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

How big do you think this game is going to be? From what I have seen in trailers and videos, it is going to be gigantic.

2. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think this is going to be an iconic game of our generation. It's releasing right at a time when people really want new games at the core of a lot of new rising tech, so it definitely has the potential to be a blockbuster

3. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the game will be absolutely HUGE. I'm pretty excited to check it out myself. I mean, the game seems really awesome.

4. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's based on a set of algorithms that'd create a procedurally generated universe for you to explore and play in. According to the devs, if you stopped for a single second in each planet and moved on to the next one, it'd take you approximately 5 BILLION years to fully explore the entire universe. If EVERYONE in this planet was playing the game, there would still be less than 1 percent chance that two players would actually meet each other while exploring in the game.

That's how big the game is. At least according to the developers.

5. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

But who cares, it isn´t really ´that big´.. it is just a bunch of empty space, filled very rarely with a planet that will be a recolor of the planet you just left.

Imagine playing WOW if at the end of a forest, there was a clearing, and then another forest exactly like the last forest, only different colored trees. It would get boring very fast.

6. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

I would say, the game would be amazing. It is going to be a wonderful game. Videos are the proof.

7. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I definitely agree. I really hope they will release it on the PC really soon after the PS4 version, which is the first platform they will release the game on.

8. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's going to be by far the biggest game ever. I think it'll be played for many, many years after it's released, mainly because of the exploration part. I wonder how long it'll take players to explore the entire universe.

9. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

There is no gameplay. How much entertainment will there be in spending 2 hours flying to a ´ new planet´ that is a slightly different shade of pink than the last planet.

The art they are using is very limited, so they are going to resort to recoloring stuff to make it seem ´different´.

Game will be dead a month after launch., it is nearly the exact same thing Spore tried to do and it was rejected soundly, and Spore even had a ton of other stuff.

10. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

Alright, fair opinion. I don't know that much about the game to talk about it. I wanted it to be the new WoW, just because it sounded so cool, but I guess not.

11. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the whole "no gameplay" thing is going to eventually be massaged out once they know what to do...exploration games are just something people want. There's so much pvp and annoying 13 year olds, discovering a new planet is pretty badass always though

12. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well it does not seem to be as big as everyone thought, but I am actually okay with that. I was not as impressed as I thought I would be either, but I still think it is a pretty neat game, but really nothing more. I am sure it will have its dedicated few, like most every game.