How are you liking the game so far? No spoilers, please.

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 Discussion' started by theGIJST, Nov 18, 2015.

1. theGIJST

theGIJST Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like the game so far but it's not as good as I expected it to be, to be honest. The map is very small which is a major problem for me, and I hate that the weapons don't show on your back when you holster them, also I hate the fact that there are no unique weapons (unique like the M1 Garand in New Vegas, or the desert camo sniper). There are only legendary weapons with different stats and stuff like that. As far as armor goes, I'm pretty disappointed too, since I found an armor I really like, the Helmeted Cage Armor, but it gives 400% less protection than my vault suit with my armor parts.

Enough about the negatives, let's talk about the positives. The graphics are pretty good, in my opinion, however the optimization for AMD isn't all that great. I'm getting 20-30 fps in highly urban areas with lots of things going on, and 60 everywhere else, but I can deal with that. The weapon physics are amazing and I love sneaking around shooting unsuspecting ghouls and taking pot-shots at them. The character creation is so amazing and I love it so much. All in all, the game is definitely worth the money. The only problems I'm having with it are the immersion-breaking things which I hate.

What are your opinions on the game?

2. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm really liking it. The world isn't as big as some I've seen, but it's absolutely packed with stuff to do and places to see. I'm liking that even small side areas you could completely miss are fairly large inside. The setting's great, the story's solid, and I love the 50s tone that accompanies a lot of the main game stuff. Diamond City is wonderful. (Especially when I realized why it's called that. No spoilers.)

I could ask for more selection on the radio, perhaps, and the NPCs get a bit stupid at times, but overall I'm more than pleased.

3. target tony

target tony Member

It's better the second time through. First time through I went way to fast and finished the main story.. Now I am taking my time and doing more side quests and building.
    It's not like any of the other fallouts, but I am liking this one a lot.

4. tyler_fawver

tyler_fawver Member

I love the whole idea of settlement making. I hope in the new dlc they will add new areas to settle. There are easily 50 other possible locations they could place possible settlements

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

So far so good, I haven't had too much time to play but this holiday season I've been having a blast. Really great gameplay!

6. Patrickz

Patrickz Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've been enjoying it a lot. It's a lot like Skyrim, adding better graphics and plenty more content to a popular, established open-world series.

7. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like it a a lot, but I had hoped for a more RPG experience if that makes any sense. I sorta feel like the overall story is good, and that depth is there, but I like the exploration and part of RPGs the most. That and endless looting haha. There's plenty of depth to the game and I love exploring all parts of the map, but the sense of constant danger is knocking me out of the story sometimes.

8. thatsgoodnews

thatsgoodnews Active Member

The graphics is one of the many factors that makes the game amazing. I consider this one as one of the best games ever created.

9. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm loving it so far. I do spend an insane amount of time just building stuff in my settlement instead of actively exploring the world though. Sometimes I get so into it that I literally just go out to scavenge materials I need and come back to keep building stuff.