How addicted are you to games?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by mwin43587, Jun 5, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

How addicted are you to games? :)

2. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I'm not addicted to games because I do not want to allow myself to be addicted to anything whatsoever. I think addictions are unhealthy and they are done to fill in the void of certain things in your life. I would say I play occasionally or perhaps sometimes more than occasionally, really depending on how busy I am.

3. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, I'm not really addicted to games but I used to be. Since I was just a kid back then and now I'm already 19 and I go to college. I only play about 3-5 hours a day and 5 times a week.

4. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call myself addicted, but instead maybe someone who has a hobby for gaming. However, I do notice that I spend a lot of time on gaming.

5. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm not addicted or maybe I'm just in denial? In any case I play my games as though it is a sport. Esports is getting traction in South Korea you know it won't be long before e-athletes will be a thing. I always play to win and not for leisure. I play professionally and for recognition so truth be told it's no longer an addiction it's a profession.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't play games always, I wouldn't say I am addicted to playing games. Most of the time I do this just to while away the time. I know when to stop if I have other tasks to do.

7. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

I don't think I'm addicted to games but I can play them for many hours especially when I have nothing else to do. Some people call this compulsion but the fact is that I don't depend on games for anything, I can control myself.

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's it I can play games all day if I have the time. It's a perfect way to while away the time for me.

9. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not as much as I am addicted to the internet. Though, if I am in the mood I will play a good game for a couple of hours.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think this is very relative because in fact the level of addiction in the game depends on many factors and can easily change over time.

I just like having fun playing without thinking about it. :)

11. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I still u burn a lot of hours playing games but as far as addicted is concerned, I'm done with that stage. I only play a couple to 5 games in League everyday, but way back when I was in college, I used to play games for hours. I only sleep for an hour to 3 hours a day then continue playing again.

12. Shine_Spirit

Regular

I think addiction only begins to become dangerous when you lose control over it. Before this happens you need to observe the signs so you don't have problems later.

Working Buck likes this.
  13. Working Buck

Regular

True, back when I was still playing MMORPGs for a living, I can say I was really addicted since I played a lot of hours and I forgot about the time. There are times I even forget to eat just because of playing. A lot of kids these days suffer from game addiction.

14. Shine_Spirit

Regular

This is very worrisome, mainly because many people end up not realizing the problem until something happens to them.

No kind of addiction does well, but if it can be controlled it is better.

Working Buck likes this.
  15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Now that I'm an adult I can't afford to be addicted to games since I have a job and various chores to do around the house but when I was younger I used to play games every single day after coming home from school, I guess I was really addicted.

16. Working Buck

Regular

It took me months before getting rid of that habit, it was really bad, I forgot about almost everything and it seems like the life I am living is my life in that game. At least now I know how to handle things like this.

17. Blader70

Regular

So true. Not to mention it is easy for most people to become addicted to a game if life itself isn't going so well for them and they need to escape from reality for a while.

18. Shine_Spirit

Regular

This is a very discouraging kind of aggravation because many people end up letting themselves be seduced down this road.

19. Shine_Spirit

Regular

In addition to having learned the lesson, something very important that you can do is to advise / assist other people who may be facing this same type of situation. ;)

Working Buck likes this.
  20. Blader70

Regular

Yeah, sort of sad. At one point I was sort of like that. The only way I can see being addicted to a game being positive is if you are good at said game and stream it online for money. Though, that would just make the addiction worse.