Quantcast

How about a new Dragon Ball RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by camsdad, Oct 22, 2014.

1. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I think it's time for a new Dragon Ball RPG. Nothing too crazy, if there was way to make it work online that would be really rad. I think it should start at the beginning, but then again every DBZ game follows the same story line we've all seen so many times. I'm thinking something like a FF game with DB characters. It might be stupid but who knows? What do you guys think?

2. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

I can see something like this happening. PvP could be within an arena with 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, then a battle grounds where it's war between the factions. However, I don't know how leveling would work. Seems like the generic questing that many MMO games do these days wouldn't quite fit with a DBZ MMO game.

3. camsdad

camsdad Active Member

I think the level up system could easily be the same as it is in most Rpgs. depending on your class, you'd gain new abilities as your jourey continued. Like if you get to level 20 or so with a saiyan class, you'd gain the ability to go Super saiyan. Something like that.

4. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Meh. Dragon Ball is best played as an action game because it's the only thing that can come close to matching the frenetic combat of the actual anime and manga series.

5. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

Dragon Ball Xenoverse is going to be something like an MMO. We can create custom characters, level up, set skills, and go online and interact with other people. It's not RPG combat but it's going to be as close as it can get.

6. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

Yep, Dragon Ball RPG for consoles would be a huuuuggeee event for RPG lovers. Dragon Ball has a rich story and cool characters that's definitely fit for a RPG game. Imagine, guiding Gokou from his childhood days, training him, leveling up, even being given the ability to go good or bad, a bunch of different story arches and crossroads like whether he would die in his encounter with Raditz or not (depending on the ability of the character). It's gonna be epic!

7. fuumarumota

fuumarumota Well-Known Member Regular

They could definitely come up with some completely new story using DB characters, and I'd love them to give a bit more of importance to the other Z fighters instead of focusing on saiyans only (which has become old and boring). The rest of the fighters had quite unique and crazy techniques that would be crazy to use in an action / turn based RPG, for example Yamcha's homing ball or Chaotzu's paralysis.

8. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member Regular

I definitely want a Dragon Ball RPG. It's especially nice if they would allow users to have the freedom to choose from all characters, even villains. I love Vegeta and wouldn't mind playing his character. But I also like Trunks, since you know, he's so dreamy, haha! It would be amazing to see what a Dragon Ball RPG can be like.