Hero League vs Quick Match

Discussion in 'Heroes of the Storm' started by crimsonghost747, May 5, 2016.

1. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747 Well-Known Member
    Regular

which one do you usually play and why?

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play quick match a lot more. I like to play a lot more casually and I don't like gambling with other people's elo when I don't take the game as seriously as they do. From time to time if I'm in the mood I'll play ranked but only if I'm really feeling up to it that I feel I have a good chance of winning but most of the time I just prefer the more relaxed mode because being too serious about it is stressful to me.

3. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member
    Regular

I play both although I prefer Quick Match more. I like mastering my chosen hero and I can only do that with Quick Match. The thing is, most people would recommend playing Hero League, just because it's team-based and more competitive. But the thing is, with Quick Match, you can actually play the same character and understand him or her better.

And right now, I'm still in that stage where I'm trying to gain better understand of all heroes. Once I've mastered them all, then that's when I would try and play more Hero Leagues. I think Here League is more of for learning the ins and outs of the game. It's where you develop strategies for the game. But you cannot do that without actually knowing your heroes first.

4. krnd

krnd Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hero league is pretty much the only thing I do nowadays, doing quick match is more of a warm up thing than anything. Then again I did a ton of quick match play before jumping hero league, there's no point trying a hero for the first time outside of quick match.

5. crimsonghost747

Regular

I've actually just recently managed to gather enough heroes at lvl5 to even do Hero League. But right now, it's mostly quick match for me. Getting into a game is so much faster, I get to play with the hero I want (ok you can do that in hero league too most of the time) and overall it just feels like the more relaxed option. Pick a hero, join a game, have fun. :)

6. erook7878

erook7878 Well-Known Member
    Regular

You can master heroes quicker in quick play mode. It's good if you are starting off to get as many matches in as possible. Otherwise, you are better off in hero league.

7. Gray

Gray Member
    Regular

I only risk League when I'm playing very often and am up to date on the "meta". Used to do it more often before.

For fun quick match is the only option - unless you have a full team of friends who won't hate you for a mistake haha. Well ok, if you really don't care whether you're messing up other peoples' rank then I guess you can have fun anywhere xD

8. ADE001

ADE001 Member
    Regular

Normally I only play Hero League but right now I stopped playing because of the rewards at the end of the season. I'm at a good rank to receive the rewards and your rank can easily take a beating quickly, so I just parked that for now. For example I was at rank 4 and dropped to rank 13 in a few days due to a big losing streak with all kinds of disconnects, odd team picks, bad plays and bad luck. Then got back up again slowly afterwards and now just enjoying quick match. I'll dive back in HL as soon as they release the first season though.

9. gonemorp

gonemorp Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, that's a good suggestion. Personally, I love the hero league because it sounds more interesting to me.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member
    Regular

Agreed. This is how I practice new heroes I'm not familiar with and after a few quick matches I am usually caught up and from there I can dive into ranked. Though most of the time I just continue playing quick matches because it's much more relaxed.

11. crimsonghost747

Regular

I have to say that the "ohh this thing is new and something different" feeling from Hero League disappeared very fast. It just takes too long to get the match started when comparing with quick match, while you don't really have that many advantages... maybe some players take it more seriously but that's about it.

12. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

I use the quick match mode to practise. Well, the more you practise, the better you will get in the game. Hero League is an important mode that you should play only when you become a pro in the game. I have played this game for many days and that is why I usually play the hero league.

13. jalikam

jalikam Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, you are right. That's exactly what I was talking about. When you play the hero league, you should play it seriously. Most people just jump directly into the hero league with practicing anything at all. So, I would also recommend you to play the quick match mode to practise.

14. crimsonghost747

Regular

I've tried a few hero league matches recently. In general HoTS has a horrible, immature and altogether disgusting playerbase. In hero league it's so much worse.

I gave it another chance but really it's time to go back to quick match.

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I usually use quick match to try out new heroes or to warm up before hero league matches, otherwise I don't really see the point in playin them unless you want to be less stressed.

16. qag

qag Well-Known Member
    Regular

I honestly don't enjoy the game or play the game enough to justify playing a ranked mode like Hero League. The environment is likely to stressful, and I'm probably not good enough to play that mode.

17. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I use to play both hero league and quick match.But honestly saying I love to play quick match more.I can use and judge my gaming abilities by playing quick match.I can't remain in a serious mood while playing a game.That is the reason that I don't like to play hero league.I love play quick match with new heroes to get more experience about the game.

18. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer Hero league, i find that the game suits my style.

19. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

To speak the truth, I have no preference here. Both are excellent. But I am a bit biased towards Hero league because it gives me practice in forming team combs, counter picking, choosing roles, adapting, among other things.

20. walter12

walter12 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't have a specific preferred one since they are great.