Hearthstone

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by Corzett, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Robbinho14

Robbinho14 Well-Known Member

Recently picked it up again. Great game overall and i really enjoy it. I also played it back in closed beta and recked scrubs. No but really i dont like the fact that its so pay to win and stuff.

2. cyberpinoy

cyberpinoy Active Member

With over 250 games on my computer it is always nice to add to my collection, You never know when you may get burned out and want a break from the norm. If its something to relax to just to get out of the everyday hectic adventures, or a break away from stressful situations, or maybe I am just having abd day with games where all my teammates are just horrible gamers killing my MM Stats i always need an escape game I can play that will aloow me to relax and get away from the MM click the game has put me in that day.

3. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

In all honesty, I couldn't care either way about a card game. I mean, I do love card games. However, how it's played and the mechanics of it don't bother me. I'm just happy it's there.

4. Strykstar

Strykstar Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is a bit pay to win I'll give you that, I keep chipping away at arenas to get cards while some people just drop hundreds of dollars on packs so they complete the collection...

5. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly, it is just a great, small game to have laying around for when you are in the mood for it. haha, and to be honest, these types of threads are usually what remind me that I haven´t played in awhile.. time to go!

6. amig0enemig0

amig0enemig0 Active Member

HearthStone is a good game in my opinion. It's one of those pick up and play games where you can just play it for 30 minutes and be good. It's not even that hard too i learned how to play it in about 10 minutes and it's pretty fun actually.

7. Kevin MacBride

This game sounds intriguing. Is it a card game played on the computer? If it is, how do you build a deck? Once upon a time, I played Magic, but stopped because it was hard to get a group together and because I got tired of buying cards.

8. Catalyst64

Catalyst64 Well-Known Member

It's a very fun game if you're into turn-based card games. It also challenges your mind and makes you think of different ways to make a certain play. The competitive scene is also very nice and it's growing rapidly.
    Even though it's kind of tough if you're not investing any money into the game, you should definitely give the game a try. Especially since the new expansions, Gnomes vs Goblins, came out just a few days ago. I've been playing for about 2 months and I already have 3 legendary cards.

9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Now I wouldn't call the game innovative, for the people that have said that. It's a fun game no doubt, but it's nothing intricate or complicated by any means.

10. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've given it a shot and it's not that bad, but it's not one of those games I won't be heavily into. It's a good down time kind of game. It's still weird having to try and construct decks digitally since I'm so used to holding physical cards rather than trying to flip through digital pages haha. I'm also trying to see what kind of class would best suit my gameplay...

11. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

None of Blizzards games are anymore. I don´t know what happened to them, but they have just started really copying other games. Pokeman in WOW, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm ( is DOTA/LOL) and now they just announced a Team Fortress clone.

12. Corten

Corten Well-Known Member

I played it fora few months, but the RNG is way too dominant in that game. Your luck is more important than how well you play in some cases and that really doesn't appeal to me and that I've opened 2 of the worst legendaries in 4 months.

13. Epicfied

Epicfied Well-Known Member

I grew up playing Pokemon and Yugiho, when I get older, I played Magic, especially tournaments. Now? I play Hearthstone.
    If you're a Magic player, it's a very weird shift. You'll hate it, I promise. But after a while, if you give it a shot, you'll love it.

I actually play Hearthstone a lot and I'm stoked for it being available on mobile devices. Sadly, my tablet doesn't have enough RAM for it.
    (Note: I'm playing Hearthstone on my second screen now...)

14. JohnnyClean

JohnnyClean New Member

I like a Hearthstone. It's easy to get into and it's fun to play a couple matches a day. It's nothing intensive but that's what makes it fun.
    The problem is that after a while it gets very stale, especially when you have most of the cards so opening packs isn't as fun and exciting anymore. I also pretty much only play arena now because constructed is terribly stale with the same decks all the time and ranked feels so unrewarding.

15. LodTroll

LodTroll Member

Hearthstone is a very fun game and I've sank many hours into it. However, upon the release of Naxxramas and Goblins and Gnomes, it started to demand too much money in order to remain competitive and I meant to play this for free, and I stopped playing entirely.

16. wered

wered Member

It's fun to play for shorter periods as many of you say. I often play a round whenever I'm bored or have some time to kill. I like it because you don't have to jump in to anything big or something "non-leavable" which takes hours to play. You can squeeze in a round of HS whenever as long as you have around 10 minutes.

17. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

I find heartstone to be pretty nice and relaxing when you want to do some card games. I agree that they could work a bit on balance, but the game is very well polished altough.

18. JulianWilliams

It's fantastic. Loads of fun and relaxing and whenever I have some time to waste and don't really feel like committing to a big event I put on one of these. I like that you can leave whenever you want without annoying everybody else.

19. horse next door

Hearthstone is a great game to play casually. You can try playing it competitively but you will soon find out that you can get pretty salty because of one major mechanic in this game, the RNG. The RNG (Random Number Generator) determines wether or not you are going to win the game. That does not mean you just need to get yourself a lucky charm and you win. There is still obviously some knowledge about the cards and strategies involved. But mostly, it is the RNG which makes you lose.
    But still, it is a very fun game. What I would recommend when you start out is to do the secret quests (Google will give you information about that) and just complete the main quests you have, so you can get some gold. Gold is needed to buy card packs. Then, when you have enough cards, you can start building your own decks and disenchant some cards to get Dust, from which you can create any card you like. But do not disenchant every card you have!
    Sooner or later you will start to look up decks on the Internet, get to know the game a bit more, get used to match ups. Then you can just climb the ladder and finally, if you are good enough, reach Legend.

20. gadin210

gadin210 Well-Known Member

I love hearthstone. Me and my gf play it together. I have bought several packs but it is just not worth it and I always regret it when I do