Health practices

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Athanas, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know That there are some people out there who really spend a great deal of time in front of PCs playing games. But are you keen about the health issues relate to prolonged use of computers such as wristand back pains?

2. acemorgp001

acemorgp001 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not just hand pains but prolonged sitting can really be fatal if we do it on a daily basis for weeks on end. Our bodies need to move around because we humans were really made for walking. I mean our ancestors roamed the continents via foot, not to be too medical about it. I have read articles that tell us that even long plane trips, 16-20 hour, are dangerous if we just sat down on our seats and the same thing is true in playing games or just sitting in front of our pcs.

3. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah one major problem in gaming is being static and your wrist are arms is always on the move. I have a friend that had developed carpal tunnel syndrome due to his gaming habits. Although the doctor said it might nor be the sole reason but its a factor.
    We should be cautious and discipline on our gaming habits specially in terms of health.

acemorgp001 likes this.
  4. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

I support you on that. I think that if we must game for a long time, then we should consider taking breaks.

acemorgp001 likes this.
  5. Annejk18

Annejk18 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually because of my addiction in playing gamesnin PC, my eyes got damage. Now I have to use contact lenses or eyeglasses for me to see clearly.

6. acemorgp001

acemorgp001 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sorry about that. One technique that I do whenever I strain my eyes for staring long at the monitor is to take short breaks and look outside the window and focus on the greens from afar. In other words the muscles of your eyes for short distance sight is relieved while using those for long distance. It works because the pain in the eyes gradually disappears. We can actually do it even inside our rooms by looking at far objects from time to time.

7. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have the same concern with my daughter, that's why i have established a gaming plan for them. This is to assure health concerns are prevented and their gaming hours are controlled. I also included rest and other activities just to make sure everything is balanced and avoid health issues by using devices.

8. Annejk18

Regular

It's good that you're doing it early before it's too late. I really regretted not taking precautions before. It's really hard to have blurry eyesight. I'm actually near- sighted now.

9. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

Although I am addicted to playing computer games, I am always cautious and careful when playing because I'm concern to my health.

10. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes, I'm aware of the health issues that we can get from using a PC, that's why I don't sit that long in front of a PC.

11. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think there are health hazards when using the PC for a long time whether it would be for gaming or even for work. It's best to take breaks in between like maybe after 20-30 minutes to not damage your eyes, and don't skip meals as well.

12. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, when it comes to health damages. I faced a bit of problem with my hands and a bit with my eyes.

13. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think one needs to have active lifestyle. And also have to focus on what they want out of the daily work that they do. This way they can understand where to keep personal life, health and money on each category possibly.

14. Blader70

Regular

Yeah, I would say one would probably need to take an hour or two away from the internet and just go outside on a good day for a nice jog.

15. overcast

Regular

I think cleaning the computer, and not much spending time on the computer. small things like that goes a long way.

16. Blader70

Regular

I suppose you are right, got to start out small.

17. overcast

Regular

Yes and the thing is that we have to pay attention to the health overall. Because that is what decides our overall well being in terms of the eating habits.

18. Annejk18

Regular

When we talk about the disadvantages of being a PC gamer one that comes firts is the health issues. Not just back pains but also the too much radiation that the monitors emites is not rrally good for our body.

19. Blader70

Regular

I really didn't thin too much about any radiation from PCs.

20. overcast

Regular

I think LED can be bad for the eyes. Compared to LCD which used to be better for the eyes in comparison to the LED. I have realized that LCD and old ways for the picture were better and less strain for the eyes.