Quantcast

HD remake any good?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by Joker, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Joker

Joker Member

I used to play Kingdom Hearts back in the good old days of the PS2 and I was wondering if the HD remake is any good? I haven't purchased a whole lot of HD collections in my day, because I don't see the need to have them remastered so to say. But I want to check out the HD collection of Kingdom Hearts. What games would I get in the HD collection?

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Their is no HD collection of KH as far as I know, but it would be cool if they had one for the 1st one, but "IF" their was an HD collection just expect an improvement on graphics that's it.

3. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Yes there is, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix for PS3. It includes remastered Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and Re:Chain of Memories along with like... a movie version of sorts of 358/2 Days.

There's also Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix upcoming, for PS3 too. Remastered KH2 Final Mix and KH Birth By Sleep Final Mix and a movie version of Re:coded or some such.

I do not know how good they are because I don't have them but I've heard good things.

4. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Active Member

I played Re:Chain of Memories and honestly, compared to the original for Gameboy Advance, it's astronomically better. If you want to get that game, you will not regret it.

5. swagger

swagger Well-Known Member

I don't regret the purchase as a Kingdoms Heart fan, but it was kind of boring at times, already knowing what would happen in certain situations.

6. t0rnad0

t0rnad0 Well-Known Member

I thought Square did a really good job with the HD remake. The problem I had was that the game just doesn't hold up very well for me. I loved it ten years ago but it just doesn't seem as good to me now.

7. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

The HDs are meant for a new generations of gamers who didn't play the previous games before. Fans will try to get them all for collection purpose, but I think there's no need for them if you still got your old copies with you.

8. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I once tried playing a PS2 game on my HDTV... then I thanked the god of videogames for HD remakes. Seriously, I couldn't see anything... sad.

9. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I guess if you really like the game having HD remake is a good thing. I don't mind playing old games with updated graphics. Sometimes I want to play old games too but the visual makes things a little hard to see for me.

10. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

I got to play a bit of the HD port recently, and it felt really good. I read about some people complaining about more technical aspects of the game, such as motion blur during a few cutscenes, but I think that was mostly related to Re:Chain of Memories.

11. andrew172

andrew172 Well-Known Member

It was really quite fantastic. It's been years since I played the original so it was fresh enough to stay interesting and virtually every aspect of the game had it's little under the hood tweaks and fixes to make it that much better. Totally don't regret getting it at all. Especially considering the original PS2 games are now pretty hardd to come by.

12. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

No they are not. You can get KH 1, Chain of Memories and 2 on amazon for 15 bucks a piece BRAND NEW.

13. sorrowscall

sorrowscall Well-Known Member

It's about the same as the original with some added benefits that are usually expected in games that are like this. I don't have much of an opinion of it one way or the other, but I do enjoy it. At least, I remembered enjoying the bit of it I got to play.

14. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

The HD remakes for Kingdom Hearts are everything the originals were, though certain mechanics might feel dated on new hardware.

15. Rholm

Rholm Member

I personally think Square Enix did a great job with the HD remake. They improved on elements that they needed to, and otherwise just improved the visual stature of the game and made it more appealing to play. If you still replay the originals, I'd say it's definitely worth picking up the HD version.

16. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

I want to have Kingdom Hearts 1 HD Remake. The first game is amazing, too bad I didn't get to complete the game but I finished it for nth times. If this got remake I'll play this game many times again.

17. TurningCoffee

TurningCoffee Member

I think one thing that I liked a lot about the HD remakes was having all of the games on one platform, and having them bundled onto one disk for one price. That's a pretty basic thing to praise about them, but it meant a lot to me since I was catching up on the franchise when I purchased the HD remakes.

18. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

The main reason I think the HD remakes are great is because they have introduced the final mixes to us for the first time. They were Japan only for years, and now we finally get to play them too.

They add a ton of content to the already great game, and I think they are well worth the price even if you have already played them on their original consoles. Of course, the HD graphics are a nice addition too.

Oh, and let's not forget the improved camera controls and inclusion of reaction commands to KH 1. That game has aged much worsely than KH 2, and playing it on a PS2 can get pretty frustrating nowadays.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I would kill for an HD remake, as they did with old but still relevant games like Age of Empires II. They really buff the game up and make it respectable for today's trends and requirements.