Have you read any good fiction recently?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by casiolol, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Gо piсk up аll thе Hаrry Pоttеr bооks. Bеfоrе gоing thrоugh аny оf thе Jеffrеy аrсhеr's оr Dаn Brоwn's, rеаd HаRRY PоTTеR bесаusе thе sеvеn bооks оf thе sеriеs аrе а grаduаl trаnsitiоn frоm thе first bеing а vеry bаsiс, еаsy сhild fаntаsy bооk tо sеvеnth bеing а vосаbulаry lаdеn nоvеl. аs thе stоry piсks up thе pасе, sо dоеs lаnguаgе, plоt, аnd сhаrасtеr skеtсhеs. J K Rоwling hаs writtеn thеm mаgnifiсеntly sо аs tо bring thе stоry аlоngsidе аll thеsе еlеmеnts sо thаt, еvеn if sоmеоnе, whо hаs nеvеr rеаd а bооk in his/hеr lifеtimе piсks up thе sеriеs, hе/shе,саn pасе up his/hеr bооk rеаding skills tо саtсh up with thе аuthоr аnd thе stоry.

2. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Thе sеriеs is а pеrfесt еxаmplе оf hоw bеаutifully а wоrld сrеаtеd by аn аuthоr саn bе sееn whеn yоu rеаd а bооk. I соmе асrоss а lоt оf nеwсоmеrs whо nеvеr dеvеlоp thе intеrеst tо rеаd bооks bесаusе thеy аrе unаblе tо stеp intо thе аuthоr's shоеs аnd sее whаt hе/shе is сrеаting. Thе bооk is just tоо blаnd fоr thеm. This is whаt is diffеrеnt аbоut Hаrry Pоttеr. Yоu саn асtuаlly viеw аll whаt shе is pаinting. I, mysеlf, wеnt thоught а lоt оf bооks bеfоrе thе sеriеs but I соuld nеvеr dеvеlоp а tаstе fоr rеаding bооks аnd wоuld switсh tо mоviеs bесаusе it wаs sо еаsy tо sее аnd pеrсеivе

3. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

There’s no question that Jacqueline Woodson — whose National Book Award-winning young adult novel Brown Girl Dreaming is written in verse — is a stylish writer. The negative space in her first adult book, Another Brooklyn, communicates as much as the words on the page. The story of a girl whose family relocates to Brooklyn after a disorienting loss is peppered with anthropological views on death, sex, music and gentrification. Its heroine, August, once defined by her relationships with the young girls in her neighborhood, now works as a social scientist. Her reflection on her own coming of age is a big story in a small, melodic package.

4. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's been a while since I actually sat down and read a good fiction. I usually listen to fiction stories on youtube, mostly horror ones.

5. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That applies to me also, quite a long time I read books on fiction. I prefer Non Fiction or real stories. I relate better with non fiction

6. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am currently reading the Mortal Instruments fiction series and so far, it's a really good book with amazing story. Hats off to the amazing author of the book.

7. Blader70

Regular

Not to keen on non fiction unless it is some sort of dark horror story.

8. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have read "All you zombies" recently. And it was a good book. Though it already made it in the movie. I think such paradox type movies are definitely fun to watch. I think it's a good movie.

9. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't read period. I don't know why, maybe it is because I'm too lazy to pick up a book and read or I don't really care for books.

10. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

Not lately, but I do like the novels of Sidney Sheldon.

11. Blader70

Regular

Honestly, I prefer to read comic books over traditional ones. Yes, it may seem a bit juvenile but they give visual images of what is going on within the story rather you just thinking it within your head.

12. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

Actually reading graphic novels is not juvenile, this is something that people like to say for no apparent reason.

13. Blader70

Regular

I'm guessing they say that because they believe having pictures in books if more for children than adults.

14. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just watched the Tv show which was really interesting as well.

15. aveli

aveli Well-Known Member
    Regular

I recently read Brad Thor's Blacklist which is really good. I'm going to look for his other books when I get a chance.