Quantcast

Have you ever played earthbound?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Jasmine2015, Aug 19, 2015.

1. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

The only enemies that I had a hard time with was the crow that always stole my cookies, the mushroom that made my character walk funny when they got a mushroom on their head and most importantly, that damn oak tree that blew up when I beat it! I now have a fear of trees when it comes to playing early in the game.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  2. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I LOVED this game when I was younger. I found it randomly online and downloaded it, and definitely didn't understand how it worked. I deleted it one day and couldn't find it again later, because I forgot the name til about a year ago. I miss it :[

3. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

Earthbound and really the entire Mother series is honestly one of the greatest out there. The entire series is very charming and has some of the best characters from any RPG. The music is also phenomenal as the creator actually took inspiration from a lot of Rock and Roll bands such as the Beatles. Overall, I would say the series is worthwhile for any RPG fan or even a fan of gaming in general.

4. CloudyToday

CloudyToday Member Regular

I've played Earthbound for a little bit a few years ago. I think I enjoyed it, but I didn't continue playing for some reason and forgot about it. I plan to play it again when I have time to spare. I hear only good things about it. Hope I finish the game when I do play it.

5. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I played the heck out of Earthbound on my Super NES back in the day! That game is fantastic, really fun game full of personality. I strongly recommend it, even in this day and age of HD graphics, etc. It's a really fun experience and can probably be found very easily online.

6. RumbarBrook

RumbarBrook Active Member Regular

I got it through Club Nintendo early last year. I am currently in a rut where I need to level up, so I am taking a break to avoid burnout. I want to say I'm about halfway through the story, but what I have played so far is a masterpiece. The odd humor and quirky music make this a fantastic RPG.

7. Maelalove

If you find a ROM of it, let me know! I've been trying to find it again for forever and I can't find it anywhere. It's breaking my heart :[

8. Maelalove

Every 90's gamer I know calls Earthbound pretty much classic. Goes to show how well one game can go, no matter what era it was made in. It's practically a legend.

9. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

Earthbound was one of my first RPG's right after Final fantasy 9 and 7 on the playstation. I loved the gameplay and the fun art style. I am eager to play the Mother 3 with the translation now but havent had a chance to as of yet. I might just go back and play it again. I was just disappointed with the last boss.

10. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Yes I did, just a few years ago because I didn't know it back when it first released. It's an amazing and unique game, and I wish its sequel, Mother 3, came out in the west. :(

11. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member Regular

I have never played it or heard about it. I like the name. I will search and play it.