Quantcast

Have you ever cheated in a game?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by thecorinthian, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Tanis

Tanis Active Member Regular

When I was a teen, growing up in the era of classic cheat codes, cheating was just another way to make a game fun. I didn't see anything wrong with using what the developers had built into the game to find a new kind of enjoyment and I would always search up cheat databases on websites like Gamespot and Gamespy. Nowadays, I don't generally cheat at anything, since I'm much more competent than in my teens and don't need it and because classic cheat codes are long gone.

I find it sad that most cheats are just developer console things now. It doesn't feel as fun as typing in a humour code to have an effect. It feels robotic with developer consoles.

2. MRZ

MRZ Member

I've tried quite an array of cheats before, typically as others have mentioned only after completing the game a first time. Looking at Gamespot when I was younger for codes that the developers had added just to make single player games more interesting and using glitches to get past difficult points was pretty common for me. Later I transitioned to cheating in multiplayer games my means such as botting to level up, raise a skill, or gather loot/gold and other more unrespectable means.

As far as why I've cheated in games it mostly comes down to being more interested in the economy of the game rather than the game itself after "completing" it once or reaching a certain point I'm satistfied with my progress to risk the ban to gain a little more enjoyment from the game.

3. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

The only time I have cheated in a game was when I went pass a missable collectible in Fallout 3, and there was no other way to get it than starting a new game or using the console to teleport myself back when it was. Of course I chose the second opinion and pretended it never happened.

4. West

West Well-Known Member Regular

I've never cheated in the traditional sense, but I have taken advantages of glitches before. In Skyrim, they have all of those glitched chests in the world. I went into all of them so that I would be able to buy the house in Solitude on my first playthrough. (One can only rob so many general stores before they start to get bored of it...)

5. obliviousme

obliviousme Well-Known Member Regular

I love doing quests in my favorite MMORPG so i do everything i can do finish the quests so i can get the cool rewards. I don't know if watching youtube videos to get through the quests is considered cheating. Now that i think of it, i think it is cheating. I cheated and didn't even realize it. Not cool. :(

6. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

I used to bot in WoW, it was entirely a money-driven endeavor though. The fastest way to kill the fun of a game is to cheat. This goes both for singleplayer and multiplayer games. I had four accounts farming mats and items for sale so I could then turn around and sell the gold. Never once got banned for botting aside from a 72 hour ban for economic maniputlation when I flooded the market on a couple of servers with WoTLK mats to push out competition.

7. Fozz

Fozz Well-Known Member Regular

No, not since I was younger playing N64 and entering in cheat codes. Cheating ruins the experience and feeling of achievement in my opinion. I'd rather suck and not cheat than cheat to win.