Have you changed your plans due to press beta coverage?

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by Delvie, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

So I have changed my plans due to press beta coverage.

Watching the Curses/GW2 Guru Ascalon Dungeon coverage http://www.guildwars2guru.com/guild-wars-2-news/ascalon-catacombs-dungeon-footage/
    (there are 5 videos) has convinced me I'm rolling an Asuran Guardian at launch. I'm not sure the guy who is filming has any fashion sense or understanding of the game but he did make a point of using all of his weapons at some point during the crawl. I also liked the whole boulder thing and kept hoping someone would think to use them on the final fight.

What about you all has any of the press beta info caused you to change your plans?

2. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

I loved that dungeon video, watched it last night. My only gripe was, of course, the human guardian still thinking this was WoW (and yes Delvie, his armor colors made me cringe). I couldnt get enough of the necromancer skill vids, but thats the only thing that really made me change alittle. Im still making a necro, first thing, but I may have a healing conditions build, just for groups. Some of the 'remove conditions, heal self and allies, apply same ones to enemies' combos I was seeing were awesome. Course, no one performed them, I just read them slowly and thought "Huh, maybe a healing/curse necro wouldnt be so bad".

3. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Whew - glad I'm not the only one that cringed at his armor colors or maybe lack of colors is the better description:)

A lot of times when looking at videos I don't get into so much of the details but this series had my husband chuckling at me because I was talking (sometimes yelling) at the guy driving the character through all five videos. Why in the heck are you trying to 'tank'? Pick up that boulder don't just stand around. Jump out of that circle...etc.

So does that mean that GW2 has perfected the backseat gaming syndrome?

One legitimate question that arose for me though was how do you trade between people? He couldn't seem to figure it out.

There were no Asuran in the press beta - so it made it hard to picture my little Asuran in some of the professions so very much looking forward to vids from the next big event.

4. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Yeah i think the guardian and engie shined a little more than i expected.

The mez was really surprising. The 2h sword and spell effects were hot. See my "EPIC PVP BATTLES" thread.

5. Persian

Persian Well-Known Member

i don't know what the heck im doing anymore, after all the additional coverage i'm at a loss for profession choice.

6. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Ok after watching all the Yogscast vids I am now making an Asuran Guardian and Charr Engineer and maybe Norn hunter so I can feed fish to bear cubs:) Since I want to make one of every race I expect that means Sylvari Elementalist and Human something. I'm really disenchanted with Thief - just didn't seem as interesting this time around.

7. Siedge

Siedge New Member

i was never sure and im still not sure...

8. Disparity

Disparity Member

Only "plan" that has changed is that i'm buying the game instantaneously.

9. Unknown

Unknown GW2PC Mod - Forever Unknown

Actually reinforced my plan, definitively gonna be a Elementalist 100% :)

10. Dawnwarden

Dawnwarden New Member

I'm definitely sticking with my Guardian.. my primary alt though no idea now...

11. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I will make a norn guardian but it might be my number 4.

Big dude, badass armor, and if he wasn't tough enough he can turn into a bear... win?

12. DonQuitto

DonQuitto Well-Known Member

Nope, Norn Elementalist it still is, yes.

and an insta pre-order from their site when it becomes available.

13. Jekyll Jonze

Jekyll Jonze Member

One of the things I took away from the beta coverage is the certainty that I won't play as Mesmer as my main character. Don't get me wrong, I love that profession, but somehow I get the feeling that, at least in the beta videos, it seemed somewhat overused. What I mean is that in every other video I watched (and I watched most of them), I saw the player creating a Mesmer. I can't really explain why, but I don't like the idea of playing "just another Mesmer", seeing that this seems to be one of the most popular professions right now.

1 person likes this.
  14. Unknown

It may also do with the fact that Mesmer was announced last and we had the least amount of information on the Mesmer than any of the other professions. I really don't think the Mesmer will be overplayed it's kind of like a "fad" right now IMO.

15. Esport

Esport New Member

As more i consume as more i want :)

__
    GW2L com

16. Im Healin You

Im Healin You Member

Way before the exact professions were released I always thought of having either an Asuran or Slyvari monk but since the monk profession wasn't released I'm going for the Asuran guardian :)

Although Im unsure as to how well the Asura will show off the aesthetics of the armour seeing as there so small :p

Any thoughts guys? :)

1 person likes this.
  17. Unknown

Haha, I specifically don't like the smaller race due to exactly that. I enjoy having a big character so that my armor aesthetics will be seen by all, especially if I got plate armor.

18. Delvie

Delvie Well-Known Member

Total Biscuit's Asura Guardian video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-healkDctCw

19. Im Healin You

Im Healin You Member

Yeh that's what I was thinking :p

Think ill probably do a little more research into the Asura from the beta coverage :)
    I kinda want to see how the Fire gods vambrace's or Gauntlets of Dwayna look on them seeing as that's what ill be rocking throughout the whole of GW2 :D

If not then it looks like ill be making a Human Guardian :p

20. lolwut

lolwut Well-Known Member

You might be waiting a while till you see that.. I wanna see what some of those rewards look like in game too.