Quantcast

Have you already pre-ordered the game?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 13, 2015.

1. harlek

harlek Active Member Regular

Nope. I'd wait for the release and the reviews to come first. Wouldn't want myself being disappointed with this release. Although I'm pretty sure this game would be good but you can't blame me for being a bit weary, especially when money is involved. I mean sure it's not that expensive but you have to admit, $60 is quite a lot.

2. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

The delay got me to hold out for the game. Although delays are good but for the most part I wouldn't exactly want to buy a game that's not entirely finished yet. I mean if they're delaying the release of the game then it only means there's something wrong with it still so pre ordering it at this stage is really putting a lot of trust to the developers.

3. ilivetofly

ilivetofly Member Regular

Honestly with Ubisoft's track record and with the way pre-orders have been slipping into a bad idea overall I have not pre-ordered any games.

Within the last half a year the closest to a pre-order I did was to back a game on Kickstarter. I thinks its irresponsible of me as a consumer to back dodgy business practices and commit to purchasing a game that I haven't even seen legitimate footage of. What I did like about E3 was that games where actually played between the talks and shows but still, nothing leaves a sour taste in my mouth like pre-rendered footage or scripted "game" footage for a trailer. I can understand wanting to create hype but you also need to be responsible and only show what the finished product will look like (with the exception of say the Destiny and CoD trailers that use footage of real people.

4. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

You're always putting trust in the developer when you pre-order, regardless of if it is delayed or not. ;) I can tell you that I've pre-ordered a few games that probably could have used a bit of a delay to iron out a few bugs.

I think you're gambling with your money a lot more with Kickstarter than with pre-ordering a game from a major publisher. For one, if the game isn't released you don't get charged for your pre-order; that money is gone with Kickstarter. Also, we know The Division exists and we've seen game play footage so it's not pre-rendered footage but actual real live footage (from E3).

5. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

I really want to pre-order a game, the temptation is very strong, however I do not want to spend so much money on a potentially horrible game! I want to play it right of the bat, but i guess patience is a virtue

6. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

No, I don't pre-order games, I like to wait and see reviews to make sure it's a good investment before I get the game.

7. SinisterSpydio

I generally tend to do this as well, however the pain that we go through waiting for these things is horrible

8. Spectre456

Oh, the wait is definitely unbearable at times, but I think it's worth it to make sure I don't waste my money.

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Well if you preorder you'd have to wait anyway, so... :p

10. Spectre456

Yeah, it's true that you still have to wait even if you pre-order. If the game is really good you get to hear people gush about it while you have to wait a bit longer to play it though.

11. SinisterSpydio

Yeah, I agree

12. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Well-Known Member Regular

I didn't pre-order the game. I tend to wait until the release just to see how everyone else feels about it. I've had my fair share of purchasing games and not enjoying them, then ending up with something I don't want.

13. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Not yet. I'm saving up money for the new laptop that I'm going to order (hopefully I'll get it before November or December at the latest), then I'll pre-order it. I don't think my current laptop will be able to play it so it'll be useless to pre-order the game now since it'll just make my wait for the new laptop even longer.

14. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I guess the other advantage of pre-ordering is that you have access to the beta, so I guess technically you do get to wait less! :)

15. Nasim J

Nasim J Active Member Regular

I have pre-ordered it, it was a cautious pre order especially since I barely ever pre order games. I hope it's worth the wait ^_^

16. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't pre-ordered, I like to wait for other people's reviews and maybe for it to be cheaper. But I am excited for it to come out, it looks like it'll be a great game.

17. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

Nope. I only pre-order games I am extremely hyped for, and The Division isn't sadly among those. Especially due to it being a Ubisoft game, so chances are I won't even buy it until it goes on at least a 50% sale. I hate uPlay, and I bet it's gonna screw up this game.