Quantcast

Have you already pre-ordered the game?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 13, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

Have you pre-ordered The Division yet? I'm thinking of getting my pre-order in soon, though it doesn't really matter one way or the other. The game's still going to be available on launch day.

2. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member Regular

Nope. Considering Ubisoft's recent track record, I may buy it sometime after launch day, so I can read up on all the reviews and watch some playthroughs. I don't want to risk getting burned out due to some technical flaws present at launch.

3. I have it pre-ordered. I know that it could turn out bad but I think why not? I want to play it ASAP anyways.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I haven't yet. I'll buy it when I'm sure there are no problems on the PC version of the game. But knowing Ubisoft that's going to be really difficult.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Not yet. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks after the release to read the reviews, I just don't trust Ubisoft anymore. They're pretty unstable, and pre-ordering may be a mistake. They're a great company, don't get me wrong - they just have to be serious. I know they can! :p

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  6. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not a fan of pre-ordering in general. I understand the concept behind it - basically an assurance to the company that, yes, people are going to buy their game - but too often pre orders have met with launch day disappointment. Games are getting too big, and with that increase in size comes the oft-inevitable chance that they're not going to be done when they go on sale. I'd rather wait a few days, maybe a week or so, and let Ubisoft iron out the initial kinks.

7. Ishmael

Also what SLTE said. I think pre-ordering is always a dumb thing to do. There's no reason to do that. It's not like you're not gonna find the game in the store or on Steam the day it launches.

8. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I love pre-ordering collector's editions, but this one doesn't necessary grab me. I haven't pre-ordered it yet and don't plan to. I'll wait and see what the game is like and what the reviews say before I make the plunge.

9. FuZyOn

The Collector's Edition is a pretty nice addition but I don't think Ubisoft expected people to pre-order the game just off of that, it's a new franchise and not a lot of people value those items.

10. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I would pre order but since Ubisoft has disappointed me way too many times before, I think I'd give this one a pass and probably wait for the proper release before throwing in some money. But in general, I rarely pre order games not unless of course I've personally tried it before or if I trust the developers and publishers enough to really put down money before I even get to try the product out completely.

11. Cyborg Superman

I never pre-order only the game. I hear you on trust of devs and publishers, and I've "blind" pre-ordered before for certain series. Whenever a new Assassin's Creed or Batman: Arkham comes out, I pre-order it without a second thought (especially if it comes with a statue).

I pre-ordered Watch_Dogs which isn't an established franchise and I don't regret it either as the statue that came with that is pretty sweet, and I did enjoy the game.

12. beccagreen

Well for triple A titles like AC and Batman it's pretty much a safe bet to pre order since the series is already established and you can be at least 90% sure that the game would be pretty good but for newer IP's like The Division which still doesn't have a solid ground to stand on, I tend to wait for the feedback before purchasing. I don't want to repeat my mistake on Destiny.

13. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not a big fan of pre-ordering games. I can see why smaller indie developers might need to inject some cash into their business before release, but Ubisoft don't need the money up front. They don't really need the re-assurance of pre-sales financially, and the title is guaranteed to receive a fair amount of publicity on release due to the Clancy connection. I'll buy it when the PC version is running without bugs, hopefully I shouldn't have too long to wait past the launch date.

14. Cyborg Superman

I'm seeing Destiny being referenced a few times and people not wanting to make the same mistake as they did with that game, but what was wrong with Destiny? Was it just not fun? I'm just curious because I pretty much know nothing about that game other than people were criticizing the story?

15. TheMaddyMonster

TheMaddyMonster Member Regular

I demo-d The Divison at PAX Prime a couple weeks ago and I was wasn't impressed; I definitely left my ten/fifteen minutes of playtime feeling less than satisfied with my gameplay experience. Honestly, I'd say wait until the game is released, watch twitch streamers or lets plays and then make your decision to buy based off that. At least you won't be wasting your money if you end up not liking what you see.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  16. Ishmael

Well that doesn't sound promising. What did you do in the game in those 15 minutes?

17. TheMaddyMonster

TheMaddyMonster Member Regular

It was 3v3v3 extraction. The fact I left it feeling put out was because it really felt like nobody was actually winning the game. Mostly it was senseless killing and got boring after a while. I think the objective asked too much of a team of three but maybe with the right people playing together you could beat it. It was hard at PAX though because I didn't know the people I was playing with. As far as the overall look of the game it was similar to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

18. Dawnish

Dawnish Member Regular

I'll be waiting to see what people who pre-ordered say about the game, last time I pre-ordered a game it kind of bit me in the butt. Like many others had a bad experience with pre-ordering that makes me really hesitate, I've had a few actually. The game looks promising in the trailers but what we've heard is that the trailers were polished because they're just that, trailers. The real game isn't going to look as nice, sadly... at least that's the impression I've been getting.

19. FuZyOn

Since the game is probably going to be improved a lot until the official beta is released (December) I'm still left to think if the game actually has some flaws that Ubisoft may not care about. I hope they get everything right.

20. beccagreen

It is a good game actually. I've played it for hours upon hours but the problem is how Bungie brought the game up, bringing huge misunderstandings to what the game is actually about.

Cyborg Superman likes this.