Has this game been forgotten?

Discussion in 'The Crew' started by thepieeatingjay, May 2, 2015.

1. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I remember during the time before this game came out, everyone was ranting and raving as if the Crw would be the new age of car games. But ever since the game has released, it's as if nobody cares about it. Even Ubisoft doesn't seem to give it much attention.

So why has all the publicity of the game evaporated so fast?

2. IrishHeather

IrishHeather Active Member

The Crew is problematic, because you can look at this game from two perspectives. In view of some simplifications and scripted moments it will not delight those in search of pure racing. Those who appreciate large open worlds however will be overjoyed. IDK, it almost seems as if they tried to hard to combine worlds and different gaming styles to an avail that is not popular.

3. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I think so. Racing games die easily in the gaming industry but if they do some releasing of dlc or something the game will come back alive.

4. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

I don't know about racing games dieing easily. The Gran Turismo and Forza games manage to keep their numbers and fans in the community. And thus far, DriveClub numbers are growing by the month.

But as for the Crew getting DLC, it's been getting dlc and updates constantly. It just isn't really making people want to keep playing.

5. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

It dropped of many people's radar because of the reveal. When they first showed the game off, graphically it was top notch. But when it came time to end all the bullshot showing and give actual photos and videos, it turned out looking like a mid level PS3/360 game.

6. Tibz1337

Tibz1337 Member

Honestly, I have the game and I tried playing it with a wheel - it sucks - the controls are wonky, the other cars textures (NPCs) are so so bad. But, if you're a big fan of open world racing games, don't know if there's any racing game with such a huge map.

7. tarverten

tarverten Well-Known Member

That was one of the selling points Ubisoft tried to push on people, the map. True, no game's map is anywhere near as big. But if the trade off are both gameplay and graphics, then having a huge map isn't even remotely worth it.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yep, the game has been forgotten. I know some YouTubers play this game when this game released. Too bad that this game has potential but they didn't bother to try new things to make this game more fun.

9. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

In a way, this game has been forgotten. There are about at least ten thousand people playing this currently (if I recall correctly). But, this is significantly less compared to the launch month. Even with the new updates and DLC, people aren't that interested in the title. The racing and progression gameplay is average, the story forgettable, and the graphics not up to par. The open world of the mini-USA, with all its landmarks is great but, it can't save the title. So overall, the grand expectations created by Ubisoft for this game were not met.

10. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

I never did pick this game up at launch but what I got to play during the beta I absolutely loved, I've mostly jsut been waiting for its price to go down. I don't care much if people don't care much about the game, overall I just enjoyed the map and being able to freely drive was really fun to me.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Sadly, yes. I've been playing it for a long time though and I still think it's not a bad game.
    The hype has fallen off though.

12. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

I see.

13. Writeratyourservice

Writeratyourservice Well-Known Member
    Regular

True.

14. mastro

mastro Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe if they add an offline mode things might get better.

15. Hova

Hova Well-Known Member
    Regular

It will definitely do.

16. Olaf

Olaf Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most people get it when it is on sale. So I would not say that it's being forgotten.