Hardest tank in the game

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by mwin43587, May 28, 2015.

1. mwin43587

mwin43587 Well-Known Member

Guys, I want to know who is the hardest to kill champion?

2. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

To be honest, that would probably be Singed. His ability synergy works best than any other champion in the game ( his poisonous Q and E really make up a nice combo since you can kill the enemy in an instant), but I don't really like AP-based champions, so I'd like to also mention WW, which is a hybrid between AD and tank, which really makes a nice combo, too. It would be hard to say who'd win in a 1V1 battle if they fought.

3. AlexKabam

AlexKabam Member
    Regular

Maokai has a very low skillfloor, but he is pretty hard to play at the highest level. You have to use your untargetability properly and reduce damage properly. You also have to be able to use your saplings well and gain a lot of vision. Another pretty difficult tank is the proper use of Gnar, with the form switching and proper skillshot usage.

4. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Depends, it's always situational to the game and if they're built properly / who they're going against. But overall I would say that a Sion with the right items is probably one of the more annoying tank champions to kill in the game. Because of his absurd damage while being a tank, having a shield, a slow, and a 2 second stun.

5. Oddball

Oddball Active Member

Hardest to kill tank-- I'm assuming you're meaning rock solid and unbreakable. Rammus with a full build and his armor boosting ability is insane against AD champs, and alternately Galio is incredibly hard to hurt for AP champs. As far as currently played champs? Sejuani scales with health so she's already set to become big. Sion is alright but I feel like there are heavier tanks. But yeah, his kit makes him a huge hassle to deal with.

6. sheggy6

sheggy6 Member

Sion with the way he works now. His consistent health scale on his W make him a real force to be reckoned with when he's top lane and you waste 30 minutes. He's also a walking CC machine if given the chance. Which makes him a priority target despite being a tank.

7. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

I don't really see any difficulty in playing tanks. All you do is build defense and soak up damage.

But Sion is probably the hardest to play.

8. sheggy6

sheggy6 Member

I disagree with that assertion. Peeling has got to be one of the hardest attributes to learn when you're playing tanking, knowing when to burn your abilities at the right time for initiation or keeping your ADC alive, is seriously difficult.

9. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

it always depends on who you're up against. But for me, I find Garen, Malphite, Blitzcrank and Singe hard to kill. I use all of them and most of the time I pick Malphite or Singe. They are would be really hard to kill if they would be able to build items ahead of you. Aside from that, both of them can deal a decent amount of damage. Since I always pick flash whenever I play, I can easily escape when I'm playing Malphite, Either I slow an enemy which also gives me an extra movement speed, or flash my way out. If both of those won't work, I use my ult to get out. With Singe, I can just run with my Q on, if the enemy catches up, I can either slow him or throw him away or flash out.

10. thisnthat

thisnthat Well-Known Member
    Regular

In most games, anyone can play a tank. There is a difference between doing it and doing it well though.

What kinds of defenses do you like to use? It seems that some also have better damage output than others do. Is that a consideration for you?

11. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I do agree, you can use a tank Champ and build with tank items but if you just stay behind your team when there is a team fight, you won't be playing tank. I have played with a lot of players who play tank or support but instead of supporting the ADCs, they're the one's behind the ADC and waiting for someone who would lose a ton of HP then grab the kill. They might as well play ADC if that's the way they would play.