Quantcast

Handheld, console or PC?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Narukami, May 22, 2014.

1. LitoLawless

LitoLawless Member

I've been a PC gamer for so long that I can't see myself really claiming to be anything else. I plan on getting a PS4, but I will always sit at my computer and play something on a whim. I think it's just easier that way.

2. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

PC, console then handheld. PC is number one because mods and high rate of replayability. Consoles are second because of their exclusives and they serve as secondary entertainment devices. Handhelds are last mostly because at this point they're kind of a convenience thing- the cost of the handheld console doesn't really justify its use. Smartphones have a lot of games through app stores and offers more functional purposes.

3. primaLucid

primaLucid Well-Known Member Regular

I'd have to say PC. I think PC gaming in general is superior to other gaming devices or consoles because PC offers t he most in terms of graphics and customization. Personally, I think using a mouse and keyboard is so much easier than using, say, a controller, but that's just me. PC also generally supports more players on the multiplayer stage.

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

PC all the way man! I have always preferred playing on PC over the consoles. I wouldn't have brought them if weren't for the exclusives. On the other hand, if a first person shooter is exclusive to consoles, I skip it n matter how good it is (Halo, for example). There is just no fun in aiming with controllers.

5. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Of course PC. I love to play games on PC and I also like to play on handheld.

6. lindbergh

lindbergh Well-Known Member Regular

For RPGs, I highly prefer consoles above any other platform. I also like the PC however most of the RPGs there are open world. I like my RPGs coupled with a good story. Mobile devices are my last choice for RPGs as most mobile games are stripped down versions of console counterparts.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

When it comes to RPGs, I can enjoy them on any platform, including handhelds. I think they're best done on consoles just because a basic RPG works better for a controller, although MMORPGS are definitely the best on PC. Handhelds can do an RPG justice, too, though, especially turn-based games.

8. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

It depends on the game.

I'm mostly a PC gamer and play the vast majority of my games on the PC. There are still certain games though that I think play better on consoles such as sports games. I very rarely use my PSP anymore. It was primarily used for emulation in the past but since my phone and tablet can do that now I find less and less reason to carry it around with me.

9. gats

gats Well-Known Member Regular

The PC has the largest variety of RPG games so it is a winner for me. I can also play some console and handheld RPG games in emulators.

10. Skycube

Skycube Member

I am on the fence between console vs PC when it comes to RPG's. The 3DS has some great RPG's, but I don't care to own a 3rd gaming device, so I just with my Wii and PC. But really, the PC is hard to beat with its pure amount of different RPG's to play.

11. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member Regular

I have to say PC. Often, there's a much greater customization available to you in the form of mods, custom control mapping, and unofficial patches. There's definitely benefits to other consoles, like ease of playing, or less technical aspects of the game such as console commands.

12. Sinfield

Sinfield Active Member

Definitely PC. A controller is limiting and a handheld device could be ok I guess, but only if you're referring to stuff like the 3DS. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

13. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

I have all 3. The ones I currently have are my android phone, PSP, PS2 and 3, and PC. My favorite one, of course, is PC. It's like an all-in-one console. :D

14. Briggs

Briggs Well-Known Member

Console for me. I like the graphics on the console better as well as the controller. I don't care for handheld games much at all. I like a bigger screen and more content.

15. Obvcynicae

Obvcynicae Member

I prefer to play on a PC, because I prefer games that have larger worlds and more customization options. Additionally, I normally play things on a laptop. Although that's not really ideal for top notch specs, graphics, et al, I haven't been able to build a rig for myself quite yet, and the laptop is pretty portable, which is also convenient.

16. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

When I made the thread, I was definitely thinking of handhelds as 3DS/Vita and such, not mobile games because they usually suck.

17. Briggs

Briggs Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I'm a PS player at heart, but every once in a while I enjoy having a Nintendo 3DS. Mainly just for different Mario type games.

18. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

If we're talking japanese based games, I go with consoles and handhelds for that.

The only things I might mess with on a pc are mmos and some fps games. Most of the other genre are console for me.

19. Jesse93

Jesse93 Member

I prefer PS3 over everything else. Handheld is nice for some casual gaming before bed or in the morning when I wake up. PC is good for finding great deals on games, because there are tons of bundle sites.

20. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Handheld for casual games that you can play on-the-go and PC's for graphically intense releases that have Full HD graphics and such.
    I really despise consoles.