Quantcast

Hаs this gаmе bееn аbаndоnеd?

Discussion in 'Civilization: Beyond Earth' started by Goodman, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member Regular

Hаs this gаmе bееn аbаndоnеd?
    Sо I hаvеn't piсkеd up this gаmе sinсе а fеw plаy thrоughs аftеr thе rising tidе rеlеаsе until а fеw dаys аgо. I hаvеn't rеаlly nоtiсеd аny сhаngеs аt аll, оr hеаrd аny nеws оn nеw dlс, sо my quеstiоn is hаs thе gаmе bееn аbаndоnеd, is it dеаd ?

2. qag

qag Well-Known Member Regular

With Civilization VI on the horizon, if I had to guess, yes, the game has sadly been abandoned it seems like. I always thought with more updates and expansions the game would improve and become a truly great Civ game, but it doesn't seem like Rising Tide was that big of an improvement to the game.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Beyond Earth had a cool concept and the gameplay seemed pretty good, sadly it felt too short at times. I liked the SCI-FI concept but I got bored of the game pretty fast.

4. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

I think they were just testing the waters when they launched this game. I don't know if they will carry on with this concept.

5. qag

I think the idea is super cool, it's just a shame that Firaxis left the game so underdeveloped. I would absolutely love to see them make a sequel in the future that improves upon all the flaws this game had. Though I understand if they don't do that.

SirJoe likes this.
  6. DeeDee

DeeDee Well-Known Member Regular

I think so yes. They probably learned a lot from it though so it's not a huge loss and whatever it is they picked up will surely be applied to the sequel so it's at least something to look forward to. It is sad that it didn't end up being successful though.

7. ProNine

ProNine Well-Known Member Regular

I'm guessing that a lot of people were simply used to the usual settings of other Civ games that this simply felt out of place. Plus, with the nearby arrival of Civ 6, this one will not get as much attention.

8. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member Regular

I think that once everybody got the news about Civilization VI, then any thoughts on this game just went out the window. They were well on their way out of that very window, though, and that just seemed to speed it along. It was a let down, but I am glad that it will soon be totally forgotten, which is what I expect here pretty soon.

9. Beermoney

Beermoney Member Regular

It must be a normal progress for any games like Civilization. I guess most of such games have its ups and downs and right now, this game is experiencing the down stage. I guess they must have been able to learn quite a lot from this game and possibly put it into effect for the sequel.

10. DeeDee

Yeah I agree. It just felt off and odd but I appreciate that they were trying something new. I'm hoping they keep trying to branch out like this even if this one wasn't particularly successful.

11. qag

I want to seem them continue to branch out with the franchise as well. There's only so many times they can keep with the current formula, in my opinion. Beyond Earth was a failure, yes, but that doesn't mean it had to be one. There's tons of ways the game could been improved and made great.

12. Casiox

Casiox Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I personally consider myself an average Civilization fan but I am not too happy to say that yes, it has been kinda abandoned by the players, we all know that when a new game is on the way or finally gets released, old games pass to story, well, it mostly depends on how good the new game is, otherwise the old ones will still be played, so yes, I think it has been getting abandoned.

13. DeeDee

Yeah I agree. Whatever they experiment with on innovations will surely bring in more audiences that previously just ignored the game but they should really look at how other games have done it as well.

14. iRoxas

iRoxas Member Regular

It sad if it's abandoned because the concept seemed really good and they could have done a lot more if they added stuff. But hey let's see, something else might come out for it :).

GonzoBoy likes this.
  15. GonzoBoy

GonzoBoy New Member

I am disappointed as well as I really enjoyed this one. As someone else said, it could be a little limited, but I had hoped they would come out with some expansions in the future. It would seem that that is not the case. On the other hand, you just don't know. Pokemon was kind of phasing out when ll of the sudden, Pokemon Go exploded and now they are the top game for young people, so you just never can tell!

16. jasonr299x

jasonr299x Active Member Regular

Like many others have said, I'm sure the game devs weren't planning as having this as their main game. Instead, they decided to see how the sci-fi genre would float with the seasoned Civ players. A lot of people that play this game are into history, and their favorite parts of the game involve playing as ancient civilizations. At least, that's one of the big reasons that my friends play it. Having the game set in the future really took that part out of the game, so there were less people that played it.

Another big reason is that Civ 6 is coming out very soon, so many people are getting prepared to play that, and most likely playing Civ 5 to get a feel for how the new game will be. I'm sure Civ 6 will draw a lot from Civ 5, so it would probably be pretty beneficial to brush up on your skills in that game to make you better for the upcoming one.

And yeah, I definitely agree that it's sad that not that many people play Before Earth. The concept was really interesting, but I know a lot of people got bored with it pretty quickly since it was just a Civ 5 reskin. There were a few new features that were put into the game, but overall, it was mostly the same as Civ 5.

Hopefully Civ 6 will bring in some new features while also keeping the base foundation of what made Civ 5 such an enjoyable game! It's certainly looking very polished, but it doesn't have that same "ancient" feel that the older games had. Hopefully it just seems like that from the preview trailers, and the actual game turns out to be much better.

17. DeeDee

Agreed. I'm just hoping this hasn't discouraged them too much from doing spin offs because I do think it is a good and underrated game. Maybe in the future people will start picking up on this title a lot more and make it into a cult following.

18. gamer2x

gamer2x Member Regular

It's not exactly abandoned, but with so much focus on the VI, you can expect no new features in the near-term but then again you never know what the developers have up their sleeve in terms of the features.

Also, in order to aid the transition to the latest one, you might never know they might provide some incentive, but surely their focus would be more on the latest one, in my opinion.

19. prabab

prabab Well-Known Member Regular

Well, from what we know the game was under performing when it comes to sales, so Firaxis went to work on something else.

But then again I wouldn't call Civilization: Beyond Earth abandoned - it's simply completed. Understandably, this is a strange concept nowadays when most of the games games seem to be constantly updated no matter what, but since there are no major ongoing balance issues yet to be fixed in Beyond Earth, and no bugs that I know of, there's nothing to complain about.

20. SirJoe

SirJoe Well-Known Member Regular

Exactly civilizations VI is going to be launched very recently from now. I can just imagine what it must be like there right now. I think all the resources are focused solely on it and everything else is on stand by.