GW2 performance

Discussion in 'MMORPG Forums - Site News' started by Afris, May 15, 2012.

1. Afris

Afris New Member

Hello everybody.
    I'm here to get a piece of advice from you.
    During the stress test which was conducted yesterday I found out that GW2 has major performance problems while running on my computer.
    I wanna hear your opinion on that topic.
    Here's my computer's configuration:
    - Windows 7 OS
    - AMD Phenom Triple Core 2.1 GGz
    - Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT
    - 2 GB RAM

As far as i know my device fits the minimum system requirements and even exceeds them... by a fraction)
    Still I suffered very hard lags even though I choose the lowest graphics settings.

Thank you in advance!

1 person likes this.
  2. irishinvader

irishinvader Member

Hi there, yeh I think you'll need to upgrade your PC to get GW2's full potential. :)

3. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

You might need to, you might not. The fact that you have the minimum requirements suggests that you should be fine though. Considering that it was a stress test yesterday, ArenaNet would be really pushing their servers and trying to break them, so that might be the cause of the lag, as opposed to your computer reqs. I'm sure you're not the only one who lagged in the stress test yesterday.

4. Hobo Bannon

Hobo Bannon Member

Internet Lag

I am on vacation so am running GW2 on my mac using bootcamp, I get slight lag even though I am well above spec.

You have to remember there is a fundamental difference between spec problems and internet problems. I have noticed that GW2 can hide internet problems as pc problems. I would lower all your settings to as low as they can go, see if the problem is resolved. If it is then you know it was PC lag and u need an upgrade.

If the problems persist and you are within specs then chances are it is internet lag.

5. Sabertree

Sabertree Member

overall preformance. >Playing in high medium or medium medium preformance

Here is my pc stats. I know I can run GW2 at min req. res… but I like my games flashy. I know I can’t be playing at super high end res but Im hoping for the lower end of high res gaming. Can you help me out?

Rating on windows 7 64bit- 5.9 overall raiding (of 7.9 total) with an average rating of 6.64 (all the numbers added up and divided with 5 (5different stats))

Processor: AMD Fx 4100 quad- core 3.60 GHz (rating of 7.2 in windows 7)
    8gb ram (rating of 7.7 in windows 7)
    Gf card: Gforce GTX 260 (rating of 6.2 in windows 7)

It’s my hd that are pulling my rating down with the 5.9 rating in total. But as I see it should not be that big a problem when gaming. Im considering changing my Gf card but whats the improvements vs cost of a new gf card.
    Can you guys give me a heads up on what to expect on gw2 and the level of detail on the game compared to my pc.

Thanks