Quantcast

Gunspell - RPG + Match-3

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by rabst, Jun 15, 2015.

1. rabst

rabst Member

I don't know enough about these games to say whether it's 'a Facebook-game that's branched-into the game-marketplace' or 'just a marketplace-game that has a version on Facebook,' but ... Gunspell is an RPG where--instead of the battles being based entirely on 'rolling the dice with the strengths & tools you've managed to get'--there's also the luck/skill involved in Match-3 games (like Candy Crush, Bejeweled, etc.)

Without getting too-much into the story: you're 'on a map' (as in standard RPGs), you move to a monster you want to battle, and the 'battle-screen' is a Match-3 board where you and the monster take turns making matches that either attack the other, heal yourself, empower tools you've bought, win yourself more coins to buy more/better tools, or enter more experience-points for your Gunspell-character. (the object being as-usual to completely deplete the opposing monster's health-points before it depletes yours)

You can also use magic-spells you've bought to strengthen your forces or weaken theirs.

To me, Gunspell is like 'Match-3 with a Purpose.' My Facebook-profile lists one of my 'professional positions' as "King at Candy Crush Soda Saga," but I'm thinking of adding "Rescuer at Gunspell" (as--NOW getting 'too-much into the story' :D --you are a cop-or-soldier-or-something, 'saving' your sister from some supernatural underworld-stuff she's gotten herself into).

2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

That's interesting. It's not my kind of game, but it's amusing that the match-3 concept is thrown in there as a feature that matters in matches. :)