Guild Wars 2 PvP aspects

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: PvP Discussion' started by abens24, Nov 24, 2011.

1. abens24

abens24 New Member

As some may know the trinity system(Tank, Healer, DPS) is a staple of most MMORPG games. In PvP you mostly see healers/dps makeups and tanks usually get left out to pasture if they don't respec or play certain way. In Guild Wars 2 everyone is viable, no longer do you have to dread PvP because you chose to play a tank and focus on PvE content. Here are some of the features that make Guild Wars 2 so interesting.

[​IMG]

Everyone can heal and everyone can revive other team mates, insisting that team work is via coordinated efforts like profession combination skill chains in lieu of the usual team co-operation which boils down to which team has the better heal bot in the end; like in some other games.

Guild Wars 2 encourages community building in it's PvP and one way is the server browser feature that lets you play with or against the same people by your choosing and not the luck of the cross server queue draw.

2. Raiyoku

Raiyoku Member

I'm so glad they're doing away with the trinity system. It just takes away all the time wasted looking for a specific profession, plus saves you the trouble of being blamed for whenever the party gets wiped.

3. Majestic

Majestic Boo

Amen I hope it really works out correctly. Other games have tried this before and no matter what it just doesn't seem to work.

4. Level 1

Level 1 Member

they kinda still have one Control, Damage and support, but anyone can do all 3.

5. Xerran

Xerran Senior Member

Im actually very interested in seeing how gripping will work with this game: Elitist - "Dude, do your job, why didnt you heal me!?" Teammate - "I was, plus you could ave healed yourself anyways" Elitist - ". . ." Part 2 - "W...Why dont you do enough dmg!?" Reply - "Why dont you?" D-Bag - ". . ."

6. Reignbough

Reignbough New Member

While it is obvious that teamwork is going to be CRUCIAL, even without dedicated roles for each person, I think actual survival, both PvP and PvE, is going to be the individual's responsibility. Mobility and awareness seem to be key, and it's going to matter a lot less whether or not your teammate was healing you, and a lot more whether or not you moved out of enemy AoEs, utilized dodge, and were in a place where you and your teammates abilities work well together.

It will be interesting to see, given the above, what kind of group compositions we see becoming successful.

1 person likes this.