Quantcast

Graphics Compared To Other Tom Clancy Games

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, May 5, 2015.

1. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

About Killzone, you're talking about the PS3 game right? Not Shadow Fall, because I thought that what they showed was very similar to how it looks in the game.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

The more I see videos of this game, the more I'm convinced it'll look amazing. I know everyone talks about the graphic downgrade, but even downgraded it looks beautiful. I think we can bet on this being the best looking Tom Clancy game to date.

3. karamara

karamara Active Member Regular

Oh yeah sorry my bad, I was referring to Killzone 3. But I think there's a lawsuit made against Sony for Shadow Fall's graphics being not as advertised, but it's more on the resolution thing.

4. Cyborg Superman

The lawsuit against Sony regarding the 1080p resolution in Killzone: Shadow Fall's was actually dismissed back in May of this year.

It was ridiculous to begin with, and I'm glad it didn't set a precedent where we're gamers are going to start crying because a game isn't running 100% at 1080p (Killzone used temporal reprojection which made it look like 1080p most of the time).

5. karamara

I agree. It's really stupid if you think about it but on the other hand it kinda of is shady for a company to do that. It's like saying 'Hey I have a Ferrari here, you want it?' and then you realize it's just a Lamborghini painted to look like a Ferrari, it's still as good as the other but it's kind of a bummer since you're promised a Ferrari.

6. Ishmael

I've played the Rainbow Six Siege beta a bunch and the graphics look alright but nothing spectacular, I still think that The Division is the best Ubisoft has ever done graphics wise, except for maybe AC Unity even though it ran really bad.

7. Cyborg Superman

But that's exactly my point... Just a Lamborghini (to use your analogy) is still a Lamborghini! Most people can barely tell the difference between 720p and 1080p; I'm not saying there isn't a difference and NO ONE can tell, but if you don't see it side-to-side, the difference is negligible. In the case of this lawsuit, it was running on 1080p most of the time, with a few times where it was simulated 1080p... I dunno, seems silly to actually sue for that.

8. Ishmael

Also there are way more outrageous lies people make in videogames that is more reasonable to be angry about than a stupid resolution nitpick.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  9. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Graphics is one thing I've never been nitpicky about, thankfully. Tom Clancy games, as you said, have never had mind-blowing graphics, but most of them are good fun. As long as the graphics are decent I'll be happy.

10. Cyborg Superman

Get ready to have your mind blown by The Division then, because the graphics look absolutely stunning! There's a thread on here that shows real NYC vs. The Division and it's crazy amazing.

11. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, I saw that thread, and it honestly looks like it'll have great graphics. I always wait until the game is out to see what it looks like in person though. Pre-release gameplay footage usually looks better than the final product.

12. karamara

It is a silly lawsuit but to be fair to the guy he did have a valid point, it's just that well, it's dumb. I think the only way you can actually see the difference between 720p and 1080p is if you have a large HD monitor or TV. I mean, I play on my laptop all the time and even though I can play games at 1080p at max settings I tend to just turn it down to 720, hell even lower since my laptop's monitor is so small it doesn't make any difference at all.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  13. SinisterSpydio

SinisterSpydio Well-Known Member Regular

I think that the Tom Clancy Games are getting better as they go along. I think the division will look quite good, with maybe the exception of consoles. This isn't to dog consoles, or some PC elitism, but Ubisoft games have sort of had some issues in the past with optimisation and all. So it might be graphically upscaled and lowered on console, or playing at a inconsistent framerate.

14. Cyborg Superman

Maybe so @SinisterSpydio but look at the latest Assassin's Creed. Black Flag looked amazing, even on my Xbox 360, so I think they can pull off amazing visuals on the consoles. It won't be better than the PC, as nothing ever is, but it should be some of the best visuals we've seen to date in any video game.

15. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

We all remember AC unity running...