Quantcast

Good or Evil?

Discussion in 'Fable' started by lord1027, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I've only ever played the original game and that was when it first came out so I have no idea how it works in the newer games. Back then though you could quite easily switch between the two without any real trouble. There was no reason to choose one over the other. I used to farm town guards which would raise my evil level really high and then do something else (don't recall what) what would lower it. I always found it kinda stupid that I could kill 300+ town guards and then be welcomed back a couple days later.

2. Calamity

Calamity Member

Depends the game. I was evil through all the Fable games up to Fable 3. It was just more fun when I was younger to play as an evil character. It was humorous to me, and I just enjoyed the insanity of being able to do whatever I wanted. When I got to Fable 3 call it maturity or maybe just tired of play as an evil character, so I decided to play as a good character. Though it also had to do with getting the achievement for saving most of the population. Either way I've dabbled most of the game on both sides of karma, but I've generally enjoyed the one I played first in that specific game.

3. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

I'm almost always good. I just don't have it in me to be mean to people, even if they are fictional, unless they have done something to me.

4. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

I first play it "good" like the noble hero I am but once I finish the game I explore, branch out and eventually turn "evil" with all my weird experiments and village massacres when I get bored.

5. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 Active Member Regular

I usually go with my gut the first time around. Then I go back and play as very bad. Why is it always so much fun to play the bad guy? Maybe it's because we are always told to be good, and in the virtual world we aren't really hurting anything if we are oh, so bad. ;-)

6. Jboh

Jboh Active Member Regular

I've only played Fable: Lost Chapters and Fable 2. I eventually did both a good and evil playthrough in both of them, but I always start out with good first. When I play evil characters in any game, I like to run around and kill everyone. Sometimes this ruins the experience for me as I can miss out on content if I happen to kill some random quest NPC (Not an issue in Fable, thankfully. :) ), so I just make it a habit to play through good before I go on a murderous rampage.

7. razer

razer Well-Known Member Regular

I only played the Lost Chapters, and I did it both ways. Evil way was pretty cheesy IIRC.

8. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I've always wanted to try going evil, but every time I've played Fable(played all 3), I've always felt guilty about any of the "bad" acts I would choose- so I just gave up with my conscience and chose good. Although in Fable 3, that can be an option that makes you very, very broke...

9. SimiWolfie

SimiWolfie Active Member Regular

It honestly depends on how much effort I want to put into the game. Being evil is easy. Being good is difficult.
    I usually go for the 'Good' path, but sometimes I get bored, start a new game and just hate on everyone.

10. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

I always choose the good vs. the evil. No matter if I want to go for the evil character I just can't do it. I have played Fable many, many times and I always choose good. That goes for any game that let's you choose not just Fable. I'm like that all of the Mass Effect games as well. Maybe one day I can set my personal feelings aside and choose the evil route. But we will see!

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

When playing any Fable game, I'm always good during my first playthrough. I like being a hero, and helping the innocent. Though I have done an evil playthrough before, I prefer the heroic route. I haven't tried a neutral gameplay yet. It seems like that would lead to an anticlimactic ending. Still worth a try.

12. mett1982

mett1982 Active Member Regular

Whenever I play a game that has your character between good or evil choices, I always tend to lend towards the good than the evil. I have a hard time choose the more evil choices. Maybe it's because I am a good person, so my morals lay within the good characters than the evil ones. I see why people play the evil character, I bet it is more fun but for some reason I will always choose the good.

13. StillWinning

StillWinning Well-Known Member Regular

I made sure to play out both when I played fable. It really depends on how I'm feeling the first time around, because the evil approach is often the funniest where the good approach is almost always the most emerging and fun experience. Evil is just for kicks while good is for gameplay.

14. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Well-Known Member Regular

I played as good first because I wanted to get the intended gameplay first. For whatever reason, I enjoyed being good this time around than evil the second time around. Some games make it more enjoyable to be evil others dont.