Goat simulator

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by MrGravyCakes, May 19, 2015.

1. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes Active Member

Does anyone play goat simulator? I was gifted it by my friend and I think it's a great game, it's so funny! They keep bringing out updates like the MMO version which are actually really good. I think the game started out as a bit of a joke but it is a decent game!

2. Michelle

Michelle Well-Known Member

This is one of those games that a) I don't get and b) I'm mad at myself for not thinking of. I think it's a pretty niche market isn't it, to find a demographic that wants to run around as a goat lol. I've seen Youtube Let's Plays and the game seems entertaining but not like something that I'd spend a whole evening playing like WoW or Skyrim or somethi

3. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

But, but... you don't have to get the point of a game to actually be able of having fun playing it, come on, that's just silly to imply. I've personally watched it being played by famous streamers such as Pewdiepie and Markiplier and found it so weird that I actually bought it without even thinking about that ten dollars-ish I spent on it. Of course I didn't play it for more than a few hours since it became veeeeery boring, but you know... the investments musn't necessarily be wise, haha.

4. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

This is one of the weirdest games I've ever played. It was fun at first but it got pretty boring quickly.

5. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

There are a lot of ´funny concept´ games coming out like that. They don´t necessarily want you to have fun playing the game for 100 hours, they just want to entertain you for a few hours. If you play goat for 3 hours.. and then an hour every time they release new content.. you are well down below $1 per hour.

6. FreddyMac

FreddyMac Member
    Regular

Exactly!
    Im happy if I play a game that was fun. Sure, I wouldnt pay $60 for a Goat-Sim type game, but I'd pay ~$15. Im having fun, not completing some finely crafted saga with 200 employees having worked on it.

7. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member
    Regular

I have never head of goat simulator but it just seems funny. You run around as a goat eating grass? What else is there to this game?

8. FreddyMac

FreddyMac Member
    Regular

Goat Sim is more of a GTA as a goat. Crazy physics, puns and humor, that sort of thing.

You run around, headbutting cars, people, furniture (the headbutt is extremely strong, sending things flying). Lick things to drag them, collect silly costumes, just generally mess around as a horrible animal.

9. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 Well-Known Member

There are other modes also, like Goat MMO Simulator which parodies WoW, and GoatZ which parodies the dayZ-like survival genre.

10. Azrile

Azrile Well-Known Member
    Regular

Most of the gameplay is about headbutting and aiming your headbutts for maximum chaos. There isn´t a huge amount of gameplay, but it is fun for a few hours, and every so often they add new content which again is fun for a few hours..

11. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's a fun silly game for when I need to blow some stress and have a good laugh. Of course, I can't spend more than 30 minutes to an hour on it before the mechanics get repetitive. I can however, keep going back for it whenever I need more fun and silliness.

12. srofltank

srofltank Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is a silly game indeed, but I think it is really stupid. I probably have an unpopular opinion but it is incredibly ludicrous that a game like this costs $10 and has attracted a very large audience. I think it is a waste of money in general. I played it on my friend's PC for a little bit. I had fun but quickly lost interesting within 20-30 mins of gameplay.

13. Natalie89

Natalie89 Member

I can't stand goat simulator, however, before we split, my ex bought it so it is easily accessible from my PC.
    Unfortunately, my son thinks it's hilarious, so we do have to play it from time to time, if only to pull him out of a tantrum, or for me to watch him fall about laughing like a lunatic!