Generic games?

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by FuZyOn, Sep 15, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm talking about Temple Run, Subway Surfers, Pou, Flappy Bird etc. - do they appeal to you anymore or are they just something that you got bored of after some time of playing?

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I just play it to pass the time on my way from work and avoid having to deal with people that want to suddenly start up conversations because they are bored and have nothing to entertain themselves. Temple Run is pretty addictive and I have to be careful playing it so I don't miss my stop:D

3. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Those are games that can be fun but get bored of pretty easily. It is a way to pass the time

4. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I've downloaded every one of those games and I always get bored of them very quickly. They're fine to pass the time if I ever find myself in a situation where I have to wait and have nothing else to do.

5. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pou? Is that really famous and known? I tried the game and it was terrible lmao. I don't get the appeal of that game at all. It's like, a poor man's Tamagotchi or however you spell it. That small Japanese game you can carry everywhere where you have to feed your Tamagotchi monster or something like that.

Anyway yes, they do appeal to me. They're a fairly great time waster. I was just suddenly reminded of Candy Crush and I think I want to get it again.

6. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Pou is famous among kids (at least it was a couple of years ago, I'm not sure if it's still relevant right now). It is a poor man's Tamagotchi indeed, haha! :D

7. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

I get bored really quickly with those games. Usually I don't even bother playing with most of them. There are exceptions like Year Walk and Fallout Shelter, but most of the times I don't even care about playing with my smartphone.

8. Delirium

Regular

Or so I've noticed. I still don't really get the appeal, but then again that's probably because I'm an adult.. still though, it was in the Top 20 (or 40) of the Playstore charts (or whatever it's called) for a loooooong time. And even now it's still quite popular. It's at 80-something where I live. Dang, that's one hell of a popular game.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, the internet is full of children (it's not a bad thing by any means, just saying) so kid games are bound to be popular, especially since mostly everyone has a phone or tablet right now.

10. Delirium

Regular

Mhm, I know. My niece's 6 and she's already browsing the internet (mostly Youtube and downloading games from the Google Play Store though). I reckon in a year or two she'll be trolling the comments section with bad grammar and spelling, ha! But yes, you do make a very valid point with the internet being full of children.

11. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I really got bored of subway surfers and temple run.
    I was addicted to them but I got satisfied playing them and stopped.
    I think they are overrated.
    But I recommend them to newbies.