Gattaca

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by schumm.alexandro, Jul 27, 2013.

1. schumm.alexandro

schumm.alexandro Active Member

It's not a new movie but I watched it just a few days ago and thought it was really good, i just wondered what you guys thought if u'd seen it.......

It's a Futuristic story of a genetically imperfect man and his seemingly unattainable goal to travel in space.

2. conroy.viva

conroy.viva Active Member

I absolutely love this flick. I love the atmosphere that the director creates and the characterization is just great. It reminds me of the old Ray Bradbury Theatre with a sterile, lonely feel to the sets that really shows the characters sense of separation from the rest of society.

3. MarkRyse

MarkRyse Well-Known Member

Very impressive. One thing I tend to look for in sci-fi films is restraint. That is to say, too many of them feel that, in order to be feel sci-fi-ish enough, they need to have ridiculous scope and numerous shots used only to establish how futuristic everything is. It all feels so forced.

Gattaca is restrained. It doesn't show us futuristic stuff just to feel more like a sci-fi film, but only when it's relevant. The acting is solid, and the execution is dead-on the entire time. And the metaphors, even if they're a little simplistic, illustrate the film's philosophy so very well.

I also like the washed out look everything is. It contrasts with the "shiny" future we're so used to seeing.

Gonna have to watch this again at some point, I think. Without making an actual list, I think it's safe to say that this one has instantly cemented itself as one of my favorite sci-fi films.

4. sadye97

sadye97 Member

I saw this movie some years ago and I really enjoy it.
    It shows as a sci-fi movie don't need a lot of special effect and still be wonderful ;)

5. Tersuss

Tersuss Well-Known Member

I thought it was a brilliant piece of cinematography, brilliant structure, solid acting and greatly executed, really a beautiful film and I really enjoyed it.