Gas mask swap

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by shatterling, Nov 4, 2012.

1. shatterling

shatterling New Member

All - just got Metro 2033 for $6! Long time STALKER Fan, and I have to say that this one beats that series. A tremendous amount of detail in Metro 2033 that'll warrant replays to discover it all. Last Light is definitely on my list for next year.

One nagging issue: how does one swap gas masks? I can't seem to find the keystroke combo that'll accomplish that. Playing on a PC, BTW.

2. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I dunno for PC but on console you just aim at the mask and hold X. I'm guessing it's whatever button you use on PC to pick stuff up. Although I could be wrong since on console they have to cram all of the controls onto a small amount of buttons.

If you're interested in how detailed the game is you should definitely check out the modded metro 2033 pics thread. It's right here in the Metro 2033 area.

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

To pick up stuff, you have to use the "Use-key", like Vanilla said. To swap to a gas mask you find, you have to press the use-key. :)

4. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

for me is holding 'G', but I changed it from the original key lay out in the options menu.

5. shatterling

shatterling New Member

Well, it seems that you don't get the circling arrow swap animation until the gas mask you have has reached a certain amount of damage. It works then, so perhaps it was my unfamiliarity with the game...

Finally finished it. Metro 2033 left a lasting impression. I can easily see more play-throughs to get more of the essence of the game. The first time out, I didn't garner enough moral points for the alternate ending. Even so, the final scenes were beautiful and haunting.

Hopefully, THQ will survive its financial problems long enough to release Metro Last Light. I will buy it without hesitation.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Glad to hear you solved your problem and that you enjoyed the game. :)

7. zin

zin Active Member

"G" key for Gasmask, hold it down and you should change filter. If you want to change gasmask your current one, preferable already equipped need to be damaged. Using the usekey will change the mask.

: gas mask