Gamescom 2015: Fallout 4 is a Bigger, Better Fallout 3

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 News' started by FuZyOn, Aug 11, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

"Fallout 4’s behind closed doors demo at Gamescom this week hit me, not unexpectedly, with the bug for more. It looked like a prettier Fallout 3 with a greater focus on environmental details, more popping colours and a retooled skill system, but essentially, the presentation shown displayed a series of gameplay vignettes that were typical of the post-apocalyptic series. And that was perfectly fine."

Full article here: http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2015/08/10/gamescom-2015-fallout-4-is-a-bigger-better-fallout-3/

Sooo.. it seems like they've added layouts of features over the base of Fallout 3, which isn't necessarily a bad thing - I'm pretty curious about this idea.

#1 FuZyOn, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2015
  2. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I always wanted a bigger Fallout 3, or at least the biggest Fallout game imaginable. :p

3. troutski

Regular

In all seriousness, I'm waiting until the day that we get such an expansive Fallout game that it takes hours to traverse the map, like a true journey/adventure/open world experience.

4. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member
    Regular

This can be a good and a bad thing. If it means that they ditched all of the improvements from NV, it's a really bad thing. It was so much better than FO 3 in terms of Gameplay, it would be a shame to throw all of these improvements away.

I trust bethesda not to mess it up however, so I will wait with my judgment until it is out.

5. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Same, I'm going to sit back and see how they develop the game before making my move to buy it. I just hope they bring the Nuka Grenades over from Fallout 3 into this game so I can have more fun giving my enemies a soda-flavored death.

6. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member
    Regular

So it is literally exactly what I was asking for ? Sweet I'm so excited for this new revamped fallout, hope it does feel like just stepping back into the wasteland from the last game.

7. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

Hey, as long as they still have sweet weapons and the physics are improved, I'm cool with that. No game has ever made me actually feel dread from the decisions I made. I remember actually feeling awful after blowing up Megaton on my first play-through. It was eerie, and I can not think of another game that has had that sense of profound impact on my psyche.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Seems like it, and I'm quite happy they decided to keep the base of Fallout 3 and overhaul the things that went wrong with that game. I sincerely think this game is not going to have a lot of cons, mostly pros. Kind of like GTA V.

9. troutski

Regular

Game of the year!

10. troutski

Regular

GOTY! GOTY!

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty Reeves Iron Hand in a Velvet Glove
    Regular

Ooh, one of the things I loved most about Fo3 was always the world, so this news has got me pumped!

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

How about a bigger, better New Vegas? :p
    Jokes aside, this is good. They know that Fallout 3 was so much beloved, so it's the best idea for them to focus on making sure that people know that this is an evolution of that game.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Maybe in the future Bethesda will think of reworking New Vegas into a better version, but who knows when that's going to happen. New Vegas was really, really good, but the sequels are definitely better.

14. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

So excited for a bigger Fallout 3, the game seems small even with DLC. I think the graphics look great from what they've shown us, I cant wait to start exploring the wastes. Plus the ability to build your own town shows how much detail they have put into Fallout 4. I don't make games so I'm not sure if they can just use the old format and improve and enlarge. But with it only being on next gen consoles I doubt that's what they did.