Quantcast

Games with similar combat to dark souls...

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by jbeavis100, Aug 10, 2014.

1. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Are there any?

I've heard of kingdoms of amalur.

I'd prefer PC if possible.

2. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member Regular

Hmm I have not seen or heard of any similar to Dark souls. I may have to look around and see, but I am sure you may be able to find something that may be close to the same concept. Good Luck to you.

3. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

The Souls series is one of a kind. I can't really think of any at the back of my head right now that has similar gameplay. Maybe King's Field since Souls is the spiritual successor. Bloodborne is going to be similar since it's from the same creator.

4. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member Regular

Oh yes I can't wait for bloodborne. I am really excited about that game. I am ready to play, but I know we have a while before that game actually comes out though. You are right the souls series is a one of a kind. Reminds me I need to play today haha.

5. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm strongly thinking about maybe getting ahold of King's Field IV for PS2..

6. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I watched the trailer for Bloodborne the other day and am completely stoked for this game. Simply my most anticipated game next year beating The Order 1886. I'm a huge Souls fan myself and Bloodborne looks to be even better than Demons Souls.

7. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Someone mentioned King's Field. I wanna point out that King's Field does not play at all like Dark Souls. The combat is pretty bad, honestly.

Kingdom of Amalur plays more like Fable than anything.

The only somewhat similar game I can think of is Monster Hunter and that's not on PC. There's also Dragon's Dogma, I guess, but that's still very different, though Dragon's Dogma combat system's is one of the bests there is.