Quantcast

Gameplay from E3 2015

Discussion in 'The Division' started by FuZyOn, Sep 10, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

So.. we already have seen the gameplay from 2014 (it was posted here) but I think the game is more refined in this video. Looks pretty slick to me, the atmosphere, sound effects, graphics - everything looks crisp.

2. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Yes! This is the video I was referring to in another thread (I think it's the one about innovation). The game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Are those NPC teammates or real players though? At first I was under the impression that they were NPCs but now I'm doubting myself... If they are NPCs, and talking about what is happening, that would blow my mind. I mean, it could be partially scripted? But it seems natural and responding to what is happening based on your decisions. I love the chatter regardless. It's probably just a kind of scripted demo but controlled by human players.

Anyway, this video is awesome!

3. FuZyOn

They are definitely NPCs, the game is just really, really immersive. I was surprised to see how good the dialogues were and how they coordinated really well with what was going on outside, it was pretty cool.

4. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

But this you showed is the gameplay reveal that came out in 2013. The game looks a bit different now, as you can see in this other video.

It's still a looker to me, though. We just have to keep our expectations in check. But it definitely looks fun.

5. Cyborg Superman

Okay awesome! My first impression was that they were NPCs, but then I started doubting myself because I felt that they were reacting too much to what was actually happening and it didn't feel scripted. It was TOO immersive to feel real, hehehe. Well now my mind was gone back to being blown, so thanks! :)

6. FuZyOn

Woops, that's the video I meant to link - I must've mixed up the links, haha! Thanks for posting it, it's porbably better we have both of them so that it's easier to compare the progress they made in 2 years.

7. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I really love the UI and how the map system works. It's really a step away from the typical scheme where you pull out a map and it takes you away from the game. I also love the way you access your items and weapons, I know it's not that important but I love it when games don't pause when your accessing menu's in the game, makes it more seamless and really immerses you in the game.

8. Cyborg Superman

I'm right there with you. A good UI makes such a difference. I like playing these types of games and be as efficient as I can, and I use the map a lot. I like to know where I'm going, so when it's simple and useful, I'm happy! :)

9. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member Regular

I know right! I really hate it when I'm like in the middle of an intense gun fight and I'm really in the zone but I have to pause the action because I have to select a grenade or check where I'm going. Also some UI gets in the way so much that it's almost a hindrance, reminds you that you're actually playing a game.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  10. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

It looks so good, better than my computer will run, I hope they have plenty of customizable graphics. Its hard to believe NPC's can be so lifelike, you work involved must have been so complex. It would be amazing if the game is really as good as the trailer depicts it as being. I'm glad they've tried to keep everything as immersive as possible. If its this good, I'm going to miss a sizable amount of 2016, I can't wait.

11. Dawnish

Dawnish Member Regular

My goodness, this game looks amazing. It looks better then even what my computer can run which is kind of saddening but I'm sure they have customized graphics right? I'm seriously in disbelief as everyone else just how realistic those NPCs are. It really looks like you can just immerse yourself in the environment of the game and it's crazy! The UI and map system for instance look really well put together and very compelling. The fact the game also doesn't pause technically just adds to it, although that could arguably be a bad thing.

12. Cyborg Superman

I guess word is that it won't look as good as the videos we've seen, but I think it'll still look impressive. It also sounds like we're going to need a fairly recent system to be able to play it at the best graphic settings.

What do you mean by not pausing being a bad thing?

13. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

You can say everything against Ubisoft, but their UI design is always good. It's simple and good looking. In The Division is even integrated to the world thanks to this holographic design. It's awesome.

14. Dawnish

Dawnish Member Regular

That's really unfortunate but on reading more on the game, I've came to the same conclusion. It's a shame really, the videos we've seen look really polished and amazing. The recent system bit doesn't shock me at all though, we're talking about a game in 2016 using more modern hardware.

What I mean by not pausing being a bad thing unless I completely overlooked the trailer, it looked like while the player was going through his items and map; The game wasn't pausing at all. Meaning if you need to go do something real quick, you better hope there's a safe area or exit out of the game or else you could come back and find your player dead. At least that's what it looked like to me, it didn't look like things were stopping despite the player going through the map, their items, etc.

15. Cyborg Superman

Ahhh I got you. When you pause in Assassin's Creed, the world pauses with you. I don't think it will in this game, because it's pretty much always online. It's a persistent world MMO so even though you're only PvPing in the Dark Zone, it sounds like you'll always have to be connected to the Internet like any other MMORPGs.

16. Dawnish

Dawnish Member Regular

Well I meant it looked like the trailer mostly seemed to be covering single player mode and it looked like you can't even pause there. That's mostly what I was getting at, not being able to pause a MMO makes perfect sense cause well you're online. However I guess if you leave the dark zone maybe you'd be safe long enough for small breaks and what not, but that doesn't answer anything about single player campaign... Does that mean that you'd have to exit each time you needed to do something? Really hope the game has a nice convenient save system for single player then...

17. Steve Dawson

Steve Dawson Well-Known Member Regular

Yes likewise, recently my current favourite game, '7 days to die' introduced a pause mode for single player, before that you literally had to either close the game down, or find somewhere safe to hide while you ran to answer the door or whateve. It was a major pain and detracted from my enjoyment of the game. The fun pimps introduced a pause after the community continually bombarded them with requests for one. I'd like to think The Division isn't going to have such a fundamental omission from it.

18. Yosh

Yosh Well-Known Member Regular

That used to annoy me so much. It was just a pain when you had something come up, right in the middle of danger. I'm glad they fixed that, because I haven't been back to the game because of it.

19. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

Never seen that footage before, it is great!

20. guruproto

guruproto Active Member Regular

The game is definitely looking awesome. This trailer has me excited for when the game will finally be released. I hope we won't see anymore delays in the near future, but if releasing the game a few months later will prevent the actual release from being a buggy mess, then I'm all for it.