Future of MMORPGs

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by crazylexy, Apr 2, 2018.

1. crazylexy

crazylexy Member
    Regular

Hello. What do you think about future of MMORPGs?
    I see few problems in the industry.
    • All fresh servers, fresh starts, the new version of good games die after 3 months. (MU Legend, L2 Ramona Server, ArcheAge and much more...)
    • f2p model it is killed by microtransactions - RMT is prohibited but if you do not buy in official store or from other players you are nothing.
    • plenty of bots in every game
    • there is no way to get much of gold from the game - you have weak-gear
    • mobile MMO can be in every pocket - without strong PCs
    • week after week population of PC MMO players are smallest
    What do you think about this problems? Do you agree with me? Do you see any opportunities for it or am I wrong?

2. razer

razer Well-Known Member
    Regular

"there is no way to get much of gold from the game - you have weak-gear" - not sure I understand this. Which game are you even talking about ?
    If you're complaining about grinding for gold, well - MMORPGs in general are grind fests, and that is unlikely to change.

"mobile MMO can be in every pocket - without strong PCs" - stop right there. Mobile MMO's are garbage. Besides, most MMO's don't need very strong PC's either.

I think the F2P model is the way to move forward, but without P2W - P2W is a recipe for disaster. Developers need to find a different way to profit from F2P, maybe by selling cosmetic items.

3. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

It is always good to hope for the best. Let's be optimistic things will be nice.

4. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think with the AI improvement and the way tech is progressing the future of MMORPG is more strong than anyone can think of. So we have to think what may or may not work around. That's what I have learned over a period of time.

5. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

But I am sure it will bacause in the very ancient times there was not even a single video game, but see know how many of them have emerged. As time goes by, things improve.

6. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the future looks good for them, if all the bugs are worked out before the official release.

7. overcast

Regular

I think lot of new games are into this. And I am sure that in future things are going to change. like new stuff making waves and changing the way things are going around.

8. fishbate

fishbate Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'm sure that MMORPG's future is very promising specially on innovation and game improvments. It may be not on the game we play today but definitely other games will spawn with far more greater features.

9. Blader70

Regular

The future is full or surprises, some good and some bad. I can see mmorpgs going good and some falling flat.

10. overcast

Regular

Lot of genres are mixed into the MMORPG. So there is a lot to learn here. And people are spending more time learning and finding new games. So play store has lot to take in that case.

11. Blader70

Regular

True, there is always something new to look forward to.

12. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's true. There are plenty of bots in many games. Games are not real anymore.