Free to play MMO

Discussion in 'General MMORPG Discussion' started by zalusny, Sep 26, 2019.

1. zalusny

zalusny Member

Hey guys!
    I really want to come back to mmo (my mmo past was mostly WoW) but I'm bit affraid that I can't get pumped up about games anymore therefore I do not want to lose money on subsriptions.
    Can you recommend me some good free mmo to check if I got my mmo sense still in me? :D

2. Heather Richardson

Regular

runes of magic, and I think Rift went free?
    Hope u still see this message but right now FFXIV just went and became such an amazing trial.
    You can now play FFXIV free trial up to the end of the first expansion!!

Which is absolutely incredible. I no longer play that game as I play WoW again but if I ever go back I am tempted to start it again because with the trial you don't pay anything so you can take your time, take as long as you want and there is so much content in the base game alone nevermind the first expansion. For example I paid a subscription for at least a year and was still doing the first expansion so you are saving big by this trial now. Granted there are some limitations on what you can do like limits on how much money you can earn etc etc.

If you want to get a feel for the mmo stuff again though I can't recommended anything better. The combat can be an aqquired taste if coming from something like WoW (though I personally find the combat in XIV amazing, and my favourite MMO combat) some just can't take to the global cooldown though but it doesn't bother me.

You could take your time playing the game with this trial and the story in heavensward (the first expansion) is incredible and really improves everything.

3. Artur Bylina

Artur Bylina Member
    Regular

Thangusa / Thang globa. Free moo similar to mu online or diablo 2

4. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

I know there are a lot of free MMO's. World Of Warcraft and Runescape are some examples.

5. Athanas

Athanas Well-Known Member
    Regular

Lots of them are free nowadays. You can easily download one and play it.

6. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

If you have never played final fantasy, you can always start with it. But most good games require money.