Foreign IPs and Proxy servers are blocked?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter' started by vash, Jan 12, 2014.

1. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

I tried to get Neverwinter nights online. Just found out I am unable to do so. I am currently in China, and I use a paid proxy service based in CA to watch netflix movies. Neither my own IP nor the proxy IP could get me through to the game. It gave me the message of the "game is blocked in your region or maybe you are on an proxy server". It's lame lol.

Is there anyway I can get around it?

2. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

Why don't you try to contact the support I assume they will be able to give you an idea on what to do. It's really strange to be honest, but perhaps you can try using an IP from another country.

3. vash

vash Well-Known Member
    Regular

The problem is their system can tell if it's an IP from proxy server. So getting an IP from any other country is pointless since proxy servers are blocked.

I am using a proxy server from StrongVPN.
    By the way, when I said CA, it's California. Not Canada. :)
    I can drop the proxy server any time by disconnecting it... but then I'd get a Chinese IP which is blocked itself.

I doubt contacting the support will help me at all. Since they did mention on the same page that you can contact the support (only) if you believe the message is in error (means you aren't on a proxy server or if you are in the region which isn't blocked). So unless it is a mistake on their part, I doubt they'd give me any special treatment lol.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

Chances are it won't work because hacking software blocks them their might be a work around I would try youtube.

5. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

Oh California my mistake. Anyway I would still contact them trust me support while saying that they will only answer particular questions they usually answer any other questions. In WoW I've asked such retarded questions and they have always answered lol :p
    Another option I guess is to get premium proxy which can't be detected.
    Have you tried using TOR to change your IP? I think it might be better than using a proxy. Just google "tor program" and you will find it. You can change your IP using it and usually it works in this particular situation.

6. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

I know how that sucks so badly. I think that contacting them will not help much, if the game is not available in your region, it's a bit difficult to get around it without lag or experiencing a lot of difficulty playing it. I would recommend you to try changing IP through a VPN or somehow get a good safe and legal IP hide program, like the Avast one. I think that if it was so laggy, or it detected a proxy in their system or what not, it would be very difficult for you to play, near impossible.