Quantcast

First Pokemon game?

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Valentino, May 15, 2015.

1. Valentino

Valentino Active Member

Out of all the generations and Pokemon games now available to us, which one was your first? Is it your favourite that you've played or do you prefer something that has come out after it?

2. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

My first ever Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow, featuring the cutest little Pikachu following you around on your adventure. As a child, this was the game for me. I loved turning around and seeing Pikachu's many expressions during the entire game, as well as that it marked the beginning of Pokemon. I am more familiar with the first generations than the generations after them. They stuck with me more and I could easily recall these names since they were so simple.

3. KyubiChan

KyubiChan Active Member Regular

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby. I was very happy when they decided to make a remake of that game. The Pokemon game that I liked the most though, was Pokemon White. I thought it had a very good storyline and I liked a lot of the soundtrack that was used in that game.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Diamond, and that's my favorite too. Since then, I've played all generations, and I can safely say that the 4th generation is the best one, in terms of both story and post-game content. I also think that the 4th gen remakes of Gold and Silver brought the most innovation to the games, with the Pokemon following you, and the Pokewalker compatibility. Sure, 5th gen did bring seasons, but I think that's not as original as the Pokewalker.

5. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic Well-Known Member

My first pokemon game was Pokemon Ruby, which I believe that was the first game released as well, and it was my favorite just because I had many good memories on that game.

6. Dame6089

Dame6089 Active Member

My first game was Yellow. I think Yellow is a really interesting title to start with because you are forced into your starter of Pikachu, making Brock and extremely hard first gym leader if you don;t have the right team.

7. TurningCoffee

TurningCoffee Member

I started off with Pokemon Red. My brother bot Blue and I got Red, and to this day we always get the opposite version of the game when they're released.

8. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

My first one was Pokemon Red. It was really cool because at the time I had a GameBoy Colour (the squared one) and it was simply amazing also because all my friends owned it and we were like battling with the wire (I can't rememeber the name) that permitted us to battle us.

9. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

My first Pokemon is the Red Version. I played it with Gameboy Color and it was really good. I also played it with my sister too (we own 2 Gameboy color at that time).

10. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

Pokemon Red was my first game. I spent an unreal amount of time in that game building up my teams to battle my brother who had Blue. I remember the first time I beat him I was so happy.

11. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I started of with Pokemon Blue as oppose to those that had Red. I remember I always had a Fire Pokemon as my main and it was always a toss up between Charmander and Vulpix, though I chose Vulpix the most since there's nothing cuter than a fox that can burn stuff up and look adorable doing it.

12. Zimbitt

Zimbitt Well-Known Member Regular

Technically it was that pokemon trading game, but my first real pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow, me and my nigga pikachu tearing it up.

13. OoTWISTERoO

OoTWISTERoO Active Member

My first was fire red! Truly an amazing game. I think it was my favorite. The starters are amazing and the whole game is very addicting!

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Pokemon Yellow all the way. I think it's the hardes out of all the options, but I really enjoyed playing with Pikachu! :D

15. ConureKeeper1990

ConureKeeper1990 Active Member

My very first Pokemon game was Pokemon Red on the original GameBoy. I really loved that game and spent hours of my free time on it. My starter was Charmander and I was so happy when I first got Charizard! I would trade and have battles with my older brother, who had Blue version, but sometimes we'd fight over who got the last of the batteries for our handhelds.

Now, I think my Favorite is Pokemon X. I have Alpha Sapphire but I haven't gotten too into it yet. Life sort of gets in the way sometimes.

16. niightwind

niightwind Well-Known Member

My first one was Yellow. I loved that game, despite my seemingly endless time spent as a child trying to figure out why my poor little Pikachu couldn't beat Brock's rock types. It got me immersed into the Pokemon franchise, so to this day the game holds a special place for me. My favorite thing about it was having the cute little Pikachu walk along behind you; something I missed in games I played afterwards. I was happy to see it partially added in that park area of Diamond/Pearl, but I was just ecstatic about having the first Pokemon in your party walking along behind you. I would have liked for that feature to keep up in later games too. I was kind of sad that it didn't.

17. thecorinthian

thecorinthian Well-Known Member Regular

The first Pokemon game I ever played was Ruby. It was the first game I ever bought when I received a DS lite for a gift. After Ruby I became obsessed with Pokemon. I proceeded to get Pearl, Diamond etc. It was pretty fun while it lasted. :)

18. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

My first game was Yellow, on my little yellow Gameboy Color. :) So very long ago.