Finally got a chance to play Last Light, now I regret buying it

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by FlyingMonkey456, Sep 30, 2014.

1. FlyingMonkey456

FlyingMonkey456 New Member

I'm not sure which forum is the appropriate one for this, but this is the only one that says support. If I should post somewhere else, please direct me to the correct forum.

I purchased Metro: Last Light over a year ago (I may have preordered it, I'm not sure), but I haven't had a chance to play it until today (work, huge backlog of unbeaten games, etc). I launched the game, did all of my settings, hit new game, and was informed that I would need to buy a DLC to play ranger mode (the so-called way it's meant to be played). The game is, however, no longer available on steam and I am unable to purchase this DLC. I'm extremely pissed. I bought this game with the expectation of ranger mode, as that was a huge part of the reason that I enjoyed Metro 2033 so much. Not only has a better version of the game been released before I even got a chance to play the original version, but I'm not even able to play the game that I thought I had purchased. I want to contact the developers with my complaints, but this forum is the only place that I can find, so if the developers don't read these, can someone please tell me how to contact them?

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

3. FlyingMonkey456

FlyingMonkey456 New Member

Thank you, that's a huge help. I'm still pretty pissed that "the way it's meant to be played" is even a DLC in the first place.

4. Arvis

Arvis Member

"The way it's meant to be played" was pretty stupid thing to say by developers about DLC of a game. Game should be meant to be played without any extra purchases. :D

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, that was scummy more than anything. It's a common practice for companies to fool people that are uneducated with certain aspects of the game, it doesn't hurt them since they make extra money.

6. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

To be fair, Range mode made the game a whole lot more enjoyable. It's a definite cash grab, but it's something that gamers themselves let happen by A) being uneducated about the game or B) by continuing to buy games from developers that do such things. I don't have a problem with it myself, but a lot of people do.

7. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

I meant Ranger mode. :p

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Troutski, remember that you can edit your posts to correct any spelling mistakes or other errors. ;)

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ranger mode was disappointing in 2033 to me because the game was way too easy, there are sequences where the NPCs do all the work because weapons do a ton of damage and they have infinite ammo. Is Last Light better with Ranger mode? I haven't tried.