Final Fantasy 7 HD remake

Discussion in 'PS4' started by mmchayle1, Jun 26, 2015.

1. mmchayle1

mmchayle1 Member

Square Enix announced at E3 2015 that they are going to be doing a final fantasy 7 remake. Give me your thoughts on this?

2. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, it took them long enough to finally come out with one. I'm not super excited about it, but I'll keep my ear to the ground and if it holds up to what was promised I'll consider putting money on it.

3. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

They say they are going to do more than just a next-gen graphics update, and change the gameplay around too. FF7 was the first JRPG I had ever played, and I still love it to this day. It is very easy though, so I hope they update the challenge. I am excited for this for sure.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

This is pretty cool. I really like how Age of Empires II HD turned out, so an HD remake for FF 7 can only be a step forward in the right direction.

5. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looking forward to it, though I'm curious to see how they handle some of the sillier elements of the game, considering how Advent Children and subsequent games have gone a slightly more realistic route. Not just the cross-dressing bit, mind, but a lot of the mini games, the Gold Saucer, the Honeybee Inn, Cait Sith himself... it was actually quite a light-hearted and silly game at times. I suppose we'll see.

6. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I like to watch others play it. But I'm not very into the FF games myself. I know an old friend who would love this though!

7. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

Has it already been remade? How is it this year or last year. I haven't played this one yet.

I have just played the first few FF games.